A few weeks ago, Microsoft introduced its new operating system – Windows 11. Also, Microsoft has already released the first and the second preview build of Windows 11.
To install the Windows 11 preview build, you first need to join the Windows Insider Program. Once joined, you will get the option to download and update the preview build of Windows 11.
If you are already using Windows 11, you might have noticed that the default browser is set to Microsoft Edge. Windows 11 opens all web pages and .htm files on its Edge browser.
Although Microsoft Edge is as good as Chrome, many users prefer to stick with the Chrome browser only. So, if you also want to set Chrome as a default web browser for Windows 11, you are reading the right article.
Change the Default Web Browser in Windows 11
This article will share a step-by-step guide on changing the default web browser in Windows 11. The process will be straightforward; just follow some simple steps below.
- First, head to the Start > Settings > Apps on your Windows 11 PC. This will open the Settings page on your computer.
- On the right pane, click on the Default Apps option.
- On the next page, type in or select Chrome under the Set defaults for application. Next, click on the arrow button behind the Chrome browser.
- On the next screen, click on the .htm, and click on Google Chrome from the pop-up. Apart from Google Chrome, you can also set any other browser to open .htm files like Firefox, Opera, etc.
- On the confirmation page, click on the Switch anyway option.
That’s it! You are done. You can change the default browser to anything in Windows 11. You must follow the same steps for PDF, web, HTML, and other web browser-related file types.
So, this guide is about changing the default web browser on Windows 11. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts about this, let us know in the comment box below.