Now, Apple will allow all the users to easily transfer iCloud Photo Library to Google Photos. A service has been added by the company that lets you automatically transfer photos, videos and albums to Google Photos. iCloud Photo Library and Google Photos are the two storage services provided by Apple and Google. Switching to both the services is bit hectic, but now everything has become easy with the help of the new service by Apple.
Easily Transfer iCloud Photo Library to Google Photos
Apple says, using this new service is a very easy process. The user has to download the data from the Apple Privacy dashboard and then select “transfer a copy of your data” option. Almost all the image formats are supported including jpg,.png, webp, gif. And for Videos is supports, mpg, mod, mmv, tod, wmv, asf, avi, divx, mov, m4v, 3gp, 3g2, mp4, m2t, m2ts, mts, and mkv.
According to The Verge, live photos, shared albums, smart albums, and photo stream content cannot be downloaded. Moreover, any content that is not in your library can not be transferred.
There are reports, that only the most recently edited version of the photo will be exported by the service. As of now, the service is only available in selected countries like Australia, Canada, the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
How to Transfer Your iCloud Photo Library to Google Photos?
Follow the given steps carefully and transfer your iCloud photos to Google Photos.
- Open a Web browser, Safari or Chrome and go to privacy.apple.com
- Now Sign in with your Apple ID and click on Continue
- Select the link “Request to Transfer a Copy of Your Data”
- Now, click on the Dropdown menu and select Google Photos as the destination.
- Select the content you want to transfer and continue
- You will see a message saying, if your google account does not have enough storage, all items will not be copied.
- Click on Continue and proceed
- A window will appear where you must select your Google account or Sign in
- Allow permissions and at last click on Confirm Transfers. (Transfer will be done in three to seven days).
That’s it! This is how you can export your iCloud photo library to Google Photos.
If you are thinking to move from iPhone to Android, then this tool will be easy for you to transfer your photos and videos.