The qualification you obtain when you clear the exam of CEH, which consists of system pentesting skills, is called Certified Ethical Hacker certification.
The organizations organize the tests in which they give legal access to their system to the trusted hackers taking part in the exam. The one who qualifies for the exam by penetrating the system differently is given Ethical Certification.
Steps to Become a Certified Ethical Hacker
There is a council called EC-Council that offers another type of certification known as Certified Network Defense Architect (CNDA). This type of certification is meant for United States Government agencies only and is available to members of selected agencies.
1. First, you have to achieve ExaminationEditCertification, which can be achieved only by clearing the CEH examination. You can apply for this exam if you have attended the training at Accredited Training Center or ATC.
2. You can still apply if you have not attended this training and have done the self-study. If you have the option of self-study, then to apply for the CEH exam, you must fill out an application with proof of at least two years of relevant information security work experience attached to it.
If you have no proof attached to the application, you can request it based on your educational background.
3. The exam is based on 125 multiple-choice questions with a four-hour limit. You must score about 70% aggregate marks to qualify for the exam. The test will be delivered online and set by Prometric prime.
4. The average exam cost for version 7 and version 8 is US $500, and $100 extra cannot be refunded. These fees are administered by an EC-Council Accredited Training Center, Pearson VUE, or Prometric testing center.
5. Thinking of now Where to be Certified? EC-Council has various partners around the Globe called ATCs (Authorized Training Centers). You could avail of the training and Certification conducted by approaching the respective ATCs.
EC-Council also provides online training where you can learn the whole process online through different videos. It’s called the iLearn Program and comes with iClass and iLabs.
So this was all about How to Become a Certified Ethical Hacker. You can use this certificate to join the security departments of networking authorities and hardware organizations to help make their system safer.