We are sure you might have many devices in your home or workplace that are compatible with Amazon Alexa. Amazon Alexa is a virtual assistant that can do a wide range of tasks for you.
Today, many smart home devices are now compatible with Alexa, and if you already have it, you might depend on Amazon Alexa to complete your tasks. While it’s easy to pair devices with Alexa, what if you want to remove a paired device?
Removing paired devices from Alexa is not easy, but it’s also not impossible. Hence, if you are interested in knowing how to remove a device from Alexa, you may find this guide quite helpful.
Remove A Smart Device From Alexa
This article will share some easy steps to remove a smart device from Alexa. Let’s get started.
- First of all, you need to open the Alexa app on your smartphone so that you can access the internal settings of your Alexa.
- Once you open the app, click on the three lines at the top left corner and select Smart Home. Now, you will see all paired devices, like your heaters, music system, and another smart device you have paired with Alexa.
- Now tap on the device you want to remove from Alexa, and once you click on it, its settings will appear, and you can see the device id and name, etc., there.
- Now at the top right corner, click on the edit and other screens. At the top right corner, you will see the delete option. You need to tap on that to remove that device from Alexa.
- As soon as you click on that button, you will see one notification warning, and simply click on the Delete option so that that device can be removed from your Alexa.
That’s it. You are done. You will see that the device will get removed, and you can add one new device instead.
So, this is how you can remove a smart device from Alexa. If you need more help removing a smart device from Alexa, let us know in the comments below.