I know many of you must have creative minds that always want to do something creative and useful. You must have read lots of DIY projects that help ease your tasks, and in this guide, we develop an amazing DIY project that is making a smartphone projector from an old shoebox.
Yes, it’s possible and can be easily done with a few implementations we have written. And with this, you will enjoy all your videos on a large screen by projecting your small screen on the large wall in the dark. So have a look at the complete guide discussed below to proceed.
Things You Will Need:
- A Hack-saw
- A Shoe Box
- A Magnifying Glass (for the projector lens)
- A Foam Board
- A Box Cutter
- A Glue Gun
- A Ruler
- A Compass
- Some Cellotape
- Your Smartphone
Steps To Make Your DIY Smartphone Projector With A Shoebox
- First of all, take the shoebox and then take the lid of the box at the side and then fix the inner sides (small rectangular sides) with glue to make them hard.
- Now keep the box for 30-60 minutes and then take the magnifying glass and cut away the holding bar of the magnifying glass. Now, take the only round glass part of the magnifying glass.
- Now put that part on the outer part of the small rectangular side, put the Box Cutter in the compass, make the round, and cut the part out to the same size as the inner glass of magnifying glass.
- Now take that round glass part inside the cut part, fix it with the Glue Gun, and let it dry.
- Now close the lid, and then you will see that part of the lid will cover up the glass; cut that half-circle part out.
- Make the mobile stand as the video directs, and then put your smartphone inside the box.
- Now focus the setup on the wall in a dark room and adjust the position of the mobile to make the picture perfect.
So, this is how you can build a smartphone projector from an old shoebox. If you need more help on this topic, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, share it with your friends.