[dropcap]T[/dropcap]ill now we all tend to use up the internet to find or search for something, surf websites etc and while doing all that we are triggering some kind of servers so that they can respond with the results that are stored in these servers or the cloud storage related to them only. But there are some methods through which we can change or induce some techniques into our home PC such that it behaves or becomes like a web server. After making the PC into a web server, you can then host files, images, web pages etc and all that for free. This self-hosted data that you provide access to other devices through the PC that acts like the server can be used to play with your files even while using any other device. Just read up the whole article given below so as to know about the method of how you can turn your Home Computer into a Web server.
Learn how to host all your computer files on the internet by turning your PC into a server to easily access any file on your PC on the internet using the simple tool that will help you to do this on your Computer.
Also Read: How To Control The Data Usage In Windows 10
How to Turn your Home Computer into a Web Server
To make your PC behave like a server you just have to download and install the software named “Opera Unite” and that’s all. After installing that app you have to configure it in such a way that it can host your particular files and the process of configuring it has been described above.
Steps To Turn your Home Computer into a Web Server:
- First of all open the Opera Web browser on your PC and then from the lower left corner of the browser, select the Opera Unite service and enable it.
- Once the service has been enabled successfully then you will now need to add up your particular files or folders etc to this service so that you can host them on it. To add up the files which you want to host, double click on the File sharing link from the Opera Unite and then select up the folders and files that you want to share on the web.
- The selected files will be then shared or hosted and hence can be accessed over the internet on either any specified device or to every device publicly. This privacy you will be setting afterwards and you can also set that up easily through the provided options inside.
- If you feel like that your files or folders that you share are not secure then you can also add up the passwords to them or just get up the direct share links for them without any passwords.
- Keep in mind that while your PC works to host your files, it will have to be running all the time so that you can have Access of your files on the other devices through the links. You should also take care that your PC should be connected to the live internet connection so that it can host up the files unless it would fail to work.
- Opera Unite won’t be caching any data from the internet, therefore, you won’t have to worry about the collection of trash files or data by the working of the software.
So this was the easy method and technique through which you can also turn your home PC into a web server and then host your files and data stored inside it. This data can be then accessed by you even through using the other devices and hence can be made easy to transfer or relate the data. Now you have gone through the article and get up the method by which you can make your PC run like a web server, you just have to try this up!