The latest flagship smartphone from Google, Pixel XL, has so many new features, but there is only one downside, it does not have stereo speakers.
Music lovers could not digest this limitation because they want higher quality sound output.
Since Android is known for its impressive development community, software developers have bypassed hardware limitations through software modification.
Steps to Enable True-Stereo Sound on Pixel XL Smartphone
So, if you own a Pixel XL smartphone and want to enjoy true-stereo sound, this article is for you. Here are some easy steps to enable true-stereo sound on the Pixel XL smartphone.
1. Download the given file on your Android smartphone.
- File: “modified mixer_path.XML“
2. Open the root-enabled file browser on your device. Next, navigate to the folder “/system/etc/” and locate the file named “mixer_paths.xml” and then rename it to “mixer_paths.bak“.
After that, copy the downloaded file and paste it into the “/system/etc/ ” folder.
3. Long press the newly posted mixer_path.XML file and then choose Permissions from the menu that appears. Next, check that the owner category is set to “Read” and “Write” while all other categories are set to “Read” only. Reboot your device after making these changes.
4. After the above step, you will notice that your Pixel XL device will output the stereo sound from both speakers, but the thing is that both these won’t be balanced properly. To fix that, you need to run two shell commands, and this could be done by using up the terminal emulator after each reboot.
5. Download the Terminal Emulator app and then paste these two commands each side by side after returning from the one:
- echo 0x210f > /sys/kernel/debug/tfa98xx-34/regs/06-AUDIO_CTR
- echo 0x8093 > /sys/kernel/debug/tfa98xx-34/regs/04-I2SREG # right channel only
This will balance your stereo sound. Note that you need to run these commands after each reboot to get the proper balanced true stereo output from the speakers.
So, that’s how easy it is to enable true-stereo sound on the Pixel XL smartphone. The process we have shared might look complicated, but it’s very easy. If you need more help enabling true-stereo sound on Pixel XL, let us know in the comments.