Until now, we have shared many tips and tricks on Windows operating system. Actually, Windows is highly customizable, and with proper tools, you can change its appearance and features.
On Techviral, we have already shared how to hide files and folders on Windows 10. The method requires installing a third-party app hider to hide the files and folders.
What about hiding your exe files inside a picture? It’s possible, and you don’t need to use any third-party apps.
Steps to Hide Exe files Inside Pictures
You can hide an exe file inside a picture and save it in a safe location. In this way, no one with access to your computer will be able to figure out that you’ve hidden an exe file in an image.
1. You must create a new folder anywhere you wish and paste your .exe file into your newly created folder.
2. You need to rename your .exe file like Techviral.jpeg (anything in jpeg format). You will get a warning popup click on “Ok” to proceed
3. Now, you need to create a shortcut for that file. To create a shortcut, right-click “techviral.jpeg” and select “Create shortcut”
4. Now, you need to rename the shortcut Techviral.jpeg. So, let’s take Amarnath.jpeg.
5. Now open the properties of the shortcut file that is Amarnath.jpeg. In the target field, paste the address C:\WINDOWS\system32\cmd.exe /c techviral.jpeg. In place of techviral.jpeg, write the address of the file.
By this, when anyone clicks on the file Amarnath.jpeg, the file techviral.jpeg will get open as you had changed the target of the file.
That’s it! You can now send these files by compressing them in zip and sending them to anyone in their emails etc.
So, the above is all about Hiding the Exe file in JPG Format. With this method, you can easily hide any application inside the image and send them to any of your friends. If you need more help hiding exe files inside an image, let us know in the comments below.