[dropcap]I[/dropcap]f you have encountered to any such image file with the extension EPS i.e., Encapsulated PostScript file then you might have noticed it randomly that this type of file is accessible through only few kind of apps. This could prove to be very messy task for you to use this file anyhow because most of the programs ignore to open such kind of file extensions and respond with the error you probably would have seen much of the times. For opening such kind of particular file type, there are numerous apps available on the Windows store which all you could likely use up but for the reason of performance we have chosen some of the best apps and the methods. Here in this article, we have written about the method with which you could open any image file with the format or the extension EPS using the Windows conveniently. To know about the method, just head on to the main part of the article which is given below, read about it after that.
Learn how to open an EPS Image File on Windows with the help of a tool that we had discussed in this article. It will become default program and with that you can easily open these image files in your OS.
How to Open an EPS Image File on Windows
Below is the complete step by step guide that will help you to open an EPS Image File on Windows easily. So follow the below steps to proceed.
Steps to Open an EPS Image File on Windows:
1. The method that you could preferably use with the intention of just opening the EPS image files is that try to use the third party intended for the same purpose only i.e., EPS Viewer. This is a standalone app which could be used for opening and just viewing the EPS images only and there won’t be many some features and functions included in the bunch. You could just enjoy to open up the files, and that’s it.
2. So just install the app and open it on your Windows device, you could easily find the setup for this app on the internet. Also, we have mentioned the link given below:
3. After you have opened the app on your computer, you just require to locate your EPS file and hence open it through the application. This couldn’t be done inside the app so you would have to follow the simple step to open your preferred EPS files. Right click on the EPS file you wish to open and then choose from the options “Open with“, then choose “Another app” option from there. Under the Another app option, you will see the list of apps from where you have to select the EPS Viewer app which would also be there.
4. Click on the checkbox stating “Always use this app to open .eps files” so that you would not need to go through the steps for opening every of the eps files every time. Now once your EPS image file is opened in the app, you could perform some functions like resizing app, saving app in another format, etc. You could use it to save your image file to other usable formats like JPEG, PNG, GIF, etc.
5. If this app isn’t your choice and you wish to have the one with some more control and functionality inside, then there is one app named Irfanview which could be used. This app could be used to open vast types of image format files, and it could also be used to open the EPS image files too, but for that, some settings have to be made before. You have to first install the “Ifranviews plugins” and after that, you would require to install up to the “Ghostscript” i.e., the PostScript interpreter. Now the app would be able to open the EPS images. This app have multiple options to work on your images which is one of the beneficial points. Now it’s your choice whether you go for the EPS viewer as only the EPS file opener and viewer app or go for Irfanview which could do much more rather than sticking to the only EPS format files with too less control.
And this was the method through which you could open the EPS format Image files on your Windows computer. As from the article, you have got up that the method isn’t too difficult or complex but any moderate user could apply it without any issues. It’s now your time to apply this method and hence open any EPS image files which were either not supported by most of the image viewers. Hope you would like the method, don’t forget to share your views.