WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging apps available today. You can use it on every platform, including Android, iOS, desktop, and the web. It’s an app that lets you send messages to friends, make voice/video calls, send media files, documents, and more.
Since WhatsApp is currently the most popular instant messaging app, it also attracts a greater number of spammers and scammers. In fact, scammers tend to use various methods on WhatsApp to trick you.
If you are an active WhatsApp user, you might even know how scammers & spammers utilize the groups for their own benefits, such as selling products or promoting services. Sometimes, you may even end up getting into WhatsApp groups which may be inappropriate to view.
We can leave the group in such a case, but what if you are getting added repeatedly? In such a case, you need to change the privacy setting of WhatsApp. WhatsApp for Android & iOS allows you to set up a filter that prevents strangers or random people from adding you to unknown groups.
Steps to Prevent Unknown Users From Adding You to WhatsApp Groups
Yes! You have the option to decide who can add you to public groups on WhatsApp. Hence, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to prevent unknown users from adding you to WhatsApp groups. The steps were easy; just follow them as directed.
1. First of all, head to the Google Play Store and update your WhatsApp application.
2. Once updated, open WhatsApp and tap on the three dots as shown in the screenshot below.
3. From the list of options, tap on the Settings.
4. On the Settings page, tap on the Account option, as shown in the screenshot below.
5. On the Account page, tap on the Privacy option.
5. On the Privacy screen, scroll down and tap on the Groups.
6. On the Groups, you will find three different options – Everyone, My contacts, and My Contacts except.
Everyone – This will allow every WhatsApp user to add you in groups.
My Contacts – This will only allow your contacts to add you to WhatsApp groups.
My Contacts except – This allows you to block individual contacts from adding you to the groups.
7. If you want to prevent unknown users from adding you to WhatsApp groups, select the My Contact or My Contacts except for option.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can prevent unknown users from adding you to Whatsapp groups.
These are some simple steps to prevent unknown users from adding you to WhatsApp groups. If you often receive spam messages, you can also report individual WhatsApp Messages. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.