[dropcap]K[/dropcap]iosk Mode is when the Windows is able to use the single locked app and doesn’t provide access to any other apps. In this feature, the assigned access app would be only processed rather all others would get locked and could not be reached by the user. This function is only available in the Windows 10 professional OS and all other platforms just don’t have this on. If you are also owning any such Windows 10 professional device then you could use some method to assign some application which could only be accessed, and all others would remain locked. Here in this article, we have written the method with which you could easily put a Windows PC into Kiosk mode with the Assigned Access. To know about the method, just head on to the main part of the article which is given below, read about it after that.
Easily put a Windows PC into Kiosk Mode with Assigned Access with the help of simple system settings in your Windows PC that will help you to manage accounts access according to your wish.
How to Easily Put a Windows PC into Kiosk Mode With Assigned Access
The method is quite simple and easy, and you just need to follow some simple step by step guide discussed below to proceed.
Also Read: How to Disable the Lock Screen in Windows 10
Steps to Put a Windows PC into Kiosk Mode With Assigned Access
1. In the first step, you will have to make the user account for the assigned access on your Windows. To do that, you have to note that you have logged on to your Windows with the user administrative permissions and if you haven’t got that then try to re-login to the account with the permissions set up.
2. In Windows 10, open the settings app and then from there navigate to Accounts>Family & Other People and then under that tab click on “Add Someone Else to This PC“. For Windows 8.1 users just go to the Accounts>Other Accounts>Add an Account and from there follow the same option like that in Windows 10.
3. Now you would have to decide that if you want to create the account with Microsoft account which could be required for downloading the apps and install them from the store and if you wish to create the account without any kind of Microsoft account then also you could choose.
4. In the Window 10, follow the options “I Don’t Have this Person’s Sign-In Information” and check that for creating up the local user account. Enter the name of the account as you wish and set the password for that. In Windows 8.1, just check for the “Sign In Without Microsoft Account” and then click “Local Account” to create the local account. The account created will have the limited user permissions and system permissions too.
5. Now on the Windows 10, go to the Settings>Family & other people, click on the option stating “Setup Assigned Access” just click on the link. On Windows 8.1 go to the PC settings>Accounts>Other Accounts and then from there click on the “Setup Assigned Access”. You would require to log in the Account for one time before getting the assigned access to the account.
6. Select the apps for the limited access which you wish to grant in the assigned access mode or the account from the above setting location only and then just follow the account usage. The account could be closed for the assigned access by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Delete on the Windows 10 or by pressing Windows key five times on Windows 8.1.
And this was the method through which you could easily put a Windows PC into Kiosk mode with Access Assigned. As from the article, you have got up that the method isn’t too difficult or complex but any moderate user could apply it without any issues. It’s now your time to apply this method and hence get the corresponding benefits. Hope you would like up the method, don’t forget to share your views!