Microsoft Windows 10 achieves milestone of 300 million active users. PC sales are decreasing every quarter, despite of this, Windows 10 is still flourishing. The company said that the free Windows 10 upgrade will end on July 29. The latest OS from the company now runs on 300 million devices which includes laptops, desktops, smartphones, Xbox One consoles.
300 Million Devices Are Now Powered By Windows 10, Free Upgrade Offer To End on July 29
Microsoft on Thursday announced that Windows 10 is now used on 300 million active devices. The company also recapitulated that the free upgrade offer will end on July 29. 1 billion computers across the world are using various versions of Windows.
Many users complained that they are getting frequent notifications of Get Windows 10 App via Windows 7 and 8.1 PC’s. The company will disable the Windows 10 upgrade notification after July 29.
“We’re pleased to see Windows 10 become one of the largest online services in less than a year. Core to delivering our more personal computing vision, Windows 10 offers experiences that are familiar, safer and more secure, and more personal and productive – enabling innovative new experiences” stated Microsoft’s blog.
As Windows 10 free upgrade offer will end on July 29, you will have to pay $89 to get the full version of Windows 10. The retail price of Windows 10 is $119, you could get it at slightly low price if you don’t purchase it from Microsoft directly.
People at home, school, small business, large companies “adopt Windows 10 faster than ever, and use Windows 10 more than ever before”. The company also quoted some examples which we have mentioned below :
- “Over 63 billion minutes were spent on Microsoft Edge in March alone, with 50% growth in minutes since the last quarter.
- Cortana, the personal digital assistant in Windows 10, has helped answer over 6 billion questions since launch.
- People are playing games on Windows 10 more than ever before, with over 9 billion hours of gameplay on Windows 10 since launch.
- Apps that come with Windows 10, including Photos, Groove Music, and Movies & TV are seeing millions of active users each month.
- And, the Windows Store continues to grow daily with new Universal Windows Platform apps like Facebook, Instagram, and Facebook Messenger”.
Microsoft also stated video about “top 10 reasons to upgrade to Windows 10” :