Time to try out all the amazing apps that work with your Android sensors and explore new things on your device. Go through the article to discover apps working with your Phone’s sensor.
Most of the Android users keep on trying different apps on their Android. Until now, we discussed many cool apps for your Android and again we are here today with some new apps that work with your Android sensors. So it’s time to check what your Android can do with its sensors, we are discussing some of the best apps that might be undiscovered to many. So have a look at these amazing apps below.
- 1 Amazing Android Apps that Work With Your Android Sensors
- 1.1 #1 AndroSensor
- 1.2 #2 Star Chart (GPS)
- 1.3 #3 Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor
- 1.4 #4 WiFi Analyzer
- 1.5 #5 IR Universal Remote (IR sensor)
- 1.6 #6 WalkLogger pedometer
- 1.7 #7 Metal Detector
- 1.8 #8 Gravity Screen
- 1.9 #9 Thermometer app
- 1.10 #10 Sound Meter
- 1.11 #11 Runtastic Pedometer Step Count
- 1.12 #12 Instant Heart Rate
- 1.13 #13 Wave to Unlock and Lock
- 1.14 #14 Holo Droid
- 1.15 #15 Spirit Level Plus
- 1.16 COMMENTS
Amazing Android Apps that Work With Your Android Sensors
We have selected some of the best apps that have positive user reviews, ratings, download rates and their amazing working with Android sensors. With these apps, you will get to know what your Android sensor can actually do. So have a look at these apps below and download the one that you feel useful for you.
Also Read: How To Create Android Apps Without Coding
AndroSensor supports all the sensors an Android device and it will tell you which of them are not supported by your hardware. View in a single screen the data from all device’s sensors in real time. Graphical and text output available for each sensor (graphs are not available for proximity, location and battery info).
#2 Star Chart (GPS)
This is one the cool Android app that let you see the projection representation of sky object in your Android. With this, you can actually get to know about different stars and planets around you with the help of GPS.
- Just point and view. No need to scroll around the screen to find out what you are looking at*.
- Alternatively, look around the sky using finger gestures – perfect for armchair astronomers!
- Voice Control: Explore the solar system with commands like: “Fly me to the Moon” / “Go to Saturn” / “Tour Mars” / “Look at Andromeda” / “Where is the Cigar Galaxy?
- Supports dynamic device orientation viewing. Allows you to view the night sky while holding your Android device at any angle.
- Accurately depicts all the visible stars of the northern and southern hemispheres – a total of over 120,000 stars!
#3 Runtastic Heart Rate Monitor
The cool Android app specially designed for health. It allows you to monitor your heart rates with your Android; it uses an Android camera and its flashlight to detect your pulse rate. So must give a try to this cool Android app.
- Measure your heart rate with your smartphone camera
- Graphs illustrate your measurements
- Different measuring types: resting HR, pre- & post-workout HR, maximum HR
- Upload your results to Runtastic.com, compare and analyze your measurements by day, week or year
- Share your HR measurements on social networks like Facebook, Google+ & Twitter or via email
#4 WiFi Analyzer
We had already discussed this cool Android app in our previous post as this app is specially designed to find best WiFi channel and the best location to use that WiFi on your Android device.
#5 IR Universal Remote (IR sensor)
As we had already discussed this cool Android app that works perfectly with your Android and your smart devices around you which can be controlled by this cool app, it turns your phone into a real universal remote controller.
- Whether you need a TV remote controller or a way to stream your videos to your chrome cast, you can always use IR Universal Remote.
- There are thousands of supported manufacturer models with hundreds of thousands of IR remote codes
- Control your LG Smart TV, WebOS, and Samsung TV over WiFi and cast your favorite photos, videos, and music to Chromecast, Xbox One, Android TV, Fire TV, LG TV, and Roku.
#6 WalkLogger pedometer
This is another cool Android app that works with your Android sensors that can count your daily activity within your steps and you can also calculate the calories that you burn with that steps count.
- Count your steps
- Estimate your distance walked or run
- Estimate the calories you burn by being active (net calories)
- Estimate your total calorie consumption (gross calories)
- Get activity logs with detailed information about individual walks and runs
- Set step, distance, and calorie goals
- Earn medals based on the number of steps you walk each day
#7 Metal Detector
This app measures magnetic field value using a magnetic sensor that is built into your device. So must give a try to this cool Android app and start exploring things around you.
- The accuracy depends entirely on the magnetic sensor (magnetometer) in your device.
- measures magnetic field value using a magnetic sensor that is built into your device.
#8 Gravity Screen
It turns automatically the screen off when you put your phone into your pocket or onto a table. And turns the screen on when you take it out or up. No need to touch any button and you are ready to go. It’s especially helpful if your lock key is hard to reach or the power button is broken.
- Turns the screen off if your phone is in your pocket.
- Detects your phone is lying on a table and turn it off if not in use.
- If the screen is off and it’s facing up, the device can be woken up by moving it.
- It’s a workaround to make the Smart lock feature work fine on devices with Lollipop.
#9 Thermometer app
This Thermometer app uses the internal temperature sensor, GPS and an Internet-based weather service to provide both inside and outside temperatures in C or F.
- Celsius & Fahrenheit scale
- indoor & outdoor option*
- classic thermometer look
- digital and analog type
- out weather background
- animated liquid
#10 Sound Meter
The Sound Meter app is less of a surprising app since it uses your phone’s microphone to take its readings. Sound Level Meter is in the 4th set of the Smart Tools collection (noise, decibel meter). The SPL (sound pressure level) meter app uses your built-in microphone to measure noise volume in decibels (dB) and shows a reference.
- Sound Meter and Vibrometer are integrated
- Statistics menu with saving log data
- CSV file exporting
- Level notification
- Line-chart duration
- More models are calibrated
- No ads
Also Read: Top 10 Best Android Apps To Train Your Brain
#11 Runtastic Pedometer Step Count
Are you reaching your daily 10,000 steps per day by taking the opportunity to walk more? In the mood for a new step counter & walking app? Step to it and download the free Runtastic Pedometer & Step Counter app for Android now. Walking, step & calorie tracking with a pedometer app is the perfect starting point for a fitness beginner and a great addition to the training of the more advanced.
- Automatic steps counter detection
- Calculation of calories burned
- Steps counter app calculates speed & distance while you’re walking
- Training and activity log included in this steps tracker app
- Overall stats of all your activities
#12 Instant Heart Rate
Instant Heart Rate is the most accurate Heart Rate Monitor app for any smartphone and it does not need any external hardware. Use it for optimizing your exercise and to track your progress.
- Accuracy is constantly tested by fitness coaches, athletes and 25 million users like you.
- Place the tip of your index finger on phone’s camera and in a couple of seconds, your HR will be shown.
- A real-time chart will show your every heart beat rhythm pace.
#13 Wave to Unlock and Lock
Wave Lock(Wave to Unlock) is the app use proximity sensor to lock and unlock the screen by way wave your hand over the proximity sensor. Protect power button on your phone.
- Wave hands over proximity sensor to lock and unlock screen
- In pocket(Do not turn on screen when to put your phone in pocket)
- Easy pause and play app via notification center.
- Disable in Landscape to avoid lock screen when playing game or watching video
#14 Holo Droid
Holo Droid is the free version of one of the most amazing live wallpapers on Google Play. It shows you several pieces of information about your mobile device and gives the phone’s screen a futuristic look! In its latest version, the developer has added four sensor combinations in order to enable the gyro compass movement.
- Shows information on Date/Time
- Gives Platform information
- Let users know device basic information
- Let user know CPU, RAM, Internal Memory Usage
#15 Spirit Level Plus
Have you even been in the situation where you need to find out whether the surface is level enough to meet your needs? Well, Spirit Level Plus will help you to find out if the surface is level.
- Lets user know whether the surface is level enough
- The accuracy level is beyond impressive
- Users can calibrate their own settings in this app.
So above are the Amazing Android apps that work with your Android Sensors. Use these apps, and you will get to know all things that your Android can do with its sensors. Hope you like it, share it with others too.