Today more than billions of people are using Windows operating systems on their computers and laptops. Although the latest version of Windows installs the drivers automatically, still we need to backup & restore the drivers on Windows 10.
If you have been using Windows for a while, then you might know that the operating system relies on drivers to function properly. Outdated or corrupted device drivers might trigger different types of errors. So, it’s always best to have a proper backup of Windows drivers.
How to Backup and Restore Drivers on Windows 11/10
So, in this article, we have decided to share a few best working methods to backup and restore device drivers on Windows 10 computers. Some of the methods rely on third-party tools to work. So, let’s check out how to backup & restore device drivers on Windows 10.
1. First of all, you need to download third-party software for your PC. For this task, you need a software Double Driver. Install & run the program on your Windows PC.
2. Now you need to select the Backup tab and click on the button to scan a current computer, and this software will scan out all the drivers installed on your computer.
3. Now tick all the drivers you want to make the backup, and following that, click on the backup now button. Now select the path location where you want to save your backup file
Don’t ever save the file on the drive where the Windows installation file has been saved
4. Now, the backup process will start, and your driver backup file will be created on the set location. Now, whenever you want to restore the driver then, simply open double driver software and click on the restore button and then locate the backup file, and the restore process will get start.
That’s it! Now the backup and restore of your drivers will be done easily on your Windows Pc.
Well, we can also use Deployment Image Servicing and Management utility to backup drivers on our Windows 10 computer.
1. First of all, you need to open CMD with administrator privileges on your Windows computer.
2. Now, you need to create a directory where you want to save the drivers. For that, you need to enter the command
3. Now you need to enter the command:
dism /online /export-driver /destination:C:\BackupDrivers
4. Now open the newly created folder, and there you will see the drivers. The folder will also show you the related files like *.sys, *.dll, *.exe, etc.
5. Now, in order to restore the driver that you have created from the backup, you just need to open the Device Manager and then right-click on the device in which you want to install the driver.
6. Now, you just need to select the option Update Driver Software.
7. In the next step, you need to select Browse my computer for driver software and then select the directory where the backup copy of the driver is stored.
That’s it; this is how you can use DISM.exe and Device Manager to backup and restore drivers on your Windows computer.
Using Driver Talent
Well, Driver Talent is an all-in-one tool for all your driver-related issues. Driver Talent automatically scans for driver updates and installs them. Not just that, but the tool can also repair corrupted drives. The best thing about Driver Talent is that it also allows users to backup and restore Drivers. So, let’s know how to use Driver Talent to Backup and Restore drivers.
1. First of all, download & install Driver Talent on your Windows computer from here. Open the app and click on the Windows assistant button.
2. In the next window, the tool will scan and list out all drivers that are installed on your Windows computer. Once done, select the drivers which you want to back up and then click on the Start button.
3. Now, wait until the process completes. Now, if you want to restore the drivers, then select Restore under the Tools and then select the drivers which you want to restore.
That’s it; you are done! This is how you can use Driver Talent to backup and restore your Windows drivers. If you have any other doubts, then make sure to discuss them with us in the comment box.
It is a fast and user-friendly free tool for drivers’ backup, restoration, and removal with command-line options, automatic restoration from CD\DVD, and path formatting. Driver backup can also be used from the command line utility of Windows 10.
Well, Driver Magician Lite is freeware; it identifies all the hardware in the system, extracts their associated drivers from the hard disk, and backs them up to a location of your choice. Then when you format and reinstall/upgrade your operating system, you can restore all the “saved” drivers just as if you had the original driver diskettes in your hands.
3. Driver Max
It is a tool that changes the way you update your computer drivers. Remember how hard it is to search for yourself all the drivers you needed? DriverMax changed that. You no longer have to do this by yourself, DriverMax has got you covered. It scans your computer and identifies missing or outdated/faulty drivers, downloads them, and installs them for you.
It simply scans for the lists of drivers installed on your computer, and whenever you connect to the internet, it searches Driverguide.com or other sites to look for updates. It provides you the option to back up your currently installed drivers for safekeeping. You can even restore your drivers with the help of the DriverGuide Toolkit.
Well, if you are searching for an easy-to-use yet effective driver backup and restore tool for Windows computers, then you need to try Win Driver Backup. Win Driver Backup is by far the best lightweight driver backup tool that you can use right now. The utility helps users to back up all system drivers to keep them safe. Not just that, but the same tool can be used to restore drivers in case of system failure.
It is the latest version of the Driver Backup tool, which has been listed in the article. The great thing about Driver Backup 2! is that it can create backup files without being installed. Not just that, but Driver Backup 2! also has an integrated command-line interface. It’s also one of the fastest driver backup tools you can have on your Windows 11/10 computer. So, Driver Backup 2! is another best Windows 11/10 tool that can be used to back up system drivers.
So, this article is all about How to Backup and Restore Drivers on Windows 11/10. I hope this article helped you! Share it with your friends also.