Learn how to Backup and Restore Registry Settings in Windows PC using the two possible ways that will help you to import the registry settings backup and then easily restoring them by exporting them, So follow the below guide to proceed.
Till now you must have read our lots of tutorials related to Windows Operating system as it is the only operating system that provides lots of customization and user-friendly environment to work on. As you must be familiar with registry settings that are system settings that you can modify to customize your OS. Either from our site or from any other site you must try some cool tips and tricks that you can implement using the registry editor. But the only issue with this tweak is that sometime user may change some system settings that are irreversible and at the time there is no other option than reinstalling the operating system. And at that time user must have to be very careful as it can even lead to important data loss. Because registry settings are the core of your OS and can alter this can lead to alteration of system files of OS that may make your operating system even buggy. But being a
But being a reader you should not worry about this as we are always here with some cool tricks that help you in lots of ways. And to resolve the issue and be safe from the above-discussed method we are here with a cool guide that will help you to take backup of your Windows Registry. Yes, it’s possible and you can easily implement this in your PC. And the major benefit is that you can easily restore them whenever you want. And all system settings will get reverted and you can protect your operating system from being crashed. So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.
How you can Backup and Restore Registry Settings in Windows PC
Now proceeding to the method, here we have three ways by which you can actually take the backup of your registry and we will be discussing all those possible ways, As you can choose any of the ways that you feel more convenient. So have a look on all these methods below.
#1 Using System Restore Point
In this method, you will be creating a backup point that you can use anytime to revert your system settings. For this follow the below steps:
1. First of all in your Windows PC hit the start button and then type “restore point” and then select the option “create the restore point“. And the dialog box will appear where you need to create a restore point where your backup is going to reside. Now proceed to step 2.
2. Now on the dialog box that appears click on “create” button and choose the restore point where you want to save all the current settings. And do remember the destination location where your backup is saved.
3. Thats it you are done, now your system has one restore point from which you can easily restore the settings. And that you can simply do by restoring from a restore point.
#2 Creating Registry Backup By Importing Settings
This is the another great method that will help you to get a zip file that you can directly save in any of your external storage device and from the device you can easily restore them whenever you needed. As this is the most portable way to do the backup and restore. To create this follow the below steps to proceed.
1. First of all press “Window+R” button of your keyboard and then type Regedit and then hit enter and registry editor will get open.
2. Now registry editor dialog box will appear.
3. There click on “File” option and select “Export” and then select the location where you want to store that zip file and hit save.
3. Thats it you are done, now a zip file will get created there that will be containing all your registry settings and you can easily copy and paste that file in any other location.
4. And to restore the settings you just need to select Import from a file and then locate this backup file and all the registry settings will get restore.
So the above guide was all about how you can backup and restore registry settings in your windows operating system. And with this, you can make sure that no tweak can make your system crash and lead to loss of any of your important file. As you will now have safeguard with you that will revert back all the settings. Hope you like the guide, keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this as the techviral team will be always there to assist you in any of your tech-related problems.