Even though Telegram is not as popular as WhatsApp, it’s still used by millions of users. Telegram is an instant messaging app that is secure, fast, and social. Out of all features that it provides, Telegram is mainly known for its group & channel-specific features.
Telegram requires your phone number to sign up like every other instant messaging app. But, you get an option to change the linked number after the account creation process in easy steps.
Steps to Change Your Phone Number in Telegram
Below, we have shared a detailed guide on how to change your phone number in the Telegram app. So, if you have just purchased a new number and looking for ways to update it in the Telegram app, you are reading the right guide. Let’s get started.
Important: We have used an Android device to demonstrate the process. iOS users also need to follow the same steps to change their Telegram phone number.
1. First, open the Telegram app on your device and tap on the hamburger menu (three lines).
2. From the menu that appears tap on the Settings.
3. On the Settings page, you will see your Account details like your Phone number, Name, and Bio. You need to tap on the field that displays your phone number.
4. On the Change number screen, tap on the Change number button at the bottom.
5. On the Change number confirmation prompt, tap on the Change button.
6. Select your country code and type in your phone number on the next page. Once done, tap on the checkmark icon at the top-right corner.
7. If the verification code is not arriving on your device, you need to ensure that your device has a proper network signal.
That’s it! Now Telegram will send you a verification code on your new phone number. You need to enter that code on the next screen to update your new number to the app. iOS users also needs to follow the same steps to update their new phone number in the Telegram app.
If you are looking for ways to make Telegram more secure on your Android, you need to enable the two-factor authentication on the app.
If you have just got a new number and plan to make it permanent, it’s best to update the new number on every instant messaging app. Like Telegram, you can even change your phone number on Signal Private messenger. So, that’s all about changing your Telegram phone number in easy steps.