Those days were long gone when computers and laptops were considered a luxury. These days, computers have become a necessity. We can’t even live a day without or smartphone or computer.
If we talk about desktop computers or laptops, the motherboard is a crucial component known as the heart of a computer. Understanding the components inside your PC can help you in multiple ways.
For example, you can’t purchase a processor or RAM without knowing the motherboard model first. You can’t even update your BIOS or upgrade the RAM without knowing the motherboard.
Now the question is, is it possible to find the Motherboard model without opening the PC’s cabinet or case? It’s possible; you don’t need to open your PC’s case or check the purchase receipts to find the Motherboard model.
How to Check Motherboard Model in Windows 11/10
Windows 10 lets you check your Motherboard model in just a few easy steps. So, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to check what motherboard you have in Windows 10/11. Let’s check out.
1) Using the Run Dialog box
We will use the RUN dialog box to find the motherboard model in this method. So, here’s how to check your motherboard brand and model in Windows.
1. First, press Windows Key + R on your keyboard. This will open the RUN dialog box.
2. On the RUN Dialog box, enter msinfo32 and click the Ok button.
3. On the System Information page, click on the System Summary tab.
4. On the Right pane, check the BaseBoard Manufacturer and BaseBoard Product.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can check what motherboard your PC has.
2) Using the Command Prompt
In this method, we will use the Command Prompt to check out the motherboard brand and model. So, here’s how to use Command Prompt to find information about the PC’s motherboard.
1. First of all, open Windows search and type in CMD.
2. Right-click on the Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator option.
3. On the Command Prompt, enter the following command:
wmic baseboard get product,Manufacturer
4. Command Prompt will show you the Motherboard manufacturer and model number.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can use CMD to check the motherboard model and version in Windows 11/10.
3) View Motherboard model on Windows using DirectX Diagnostic Tool
DirectX Diagnostic tool is another best way to find the motherboard model. Here’s how to run the DirectX Diagnostic tool and fetch important information.
1. Press the Windows Key + R button on your keyboard. This will launch the RUN dialog box.
2. When the RUN dialog box opens, type dxdiag and press Enter.
3. DirectX Diagnostic Tool will open; switch to the System tab.
4. Now look at the System Manufacturer and model.
This will give you all information you will probably need. If unsure about the motherboard model, paste the information into Google search and research your motherboard components.
4) Using CPU-Z
Well, CPU-Z is a third-party Windows application that offers information about the hardware components installed on your PC. For example, you can use CPU-Z to check what motherboard your PC has. Here’s how to use CPU-Z in Windows 11/10.
1. First of all, download & install CPU-Z on your Windows PC.
2. Once installed, open the program from the desktop shortcut.
3. On the main interface, click on the Mainboard tab.
4. The Mainboard section will show you the Motherboard Manufacturer and model number.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can use CPU-Z to determine your motherboard manufacturer and model.
So, this guide is all about how to check what motherboard your PC has. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts, let us know in the comment box below.