With over 2 billion active users, WhatsApp is easily the best instant messaging app for Android and iOS. Yes, WhatsApp can be accessed from the desktop via the web or desktop app, but instant messaging is more popular on mobile devices.
Over the years, WhatsApp has become a one-stop solution for all your communication needs. Today, you can exchange texts, make voice & video calls, and participate in group video calls with the app.
What’s more interesting is that WhatsApp keeps releasing new features to the app regularly. In this article, we will discuss the WhatsApp Call Links feature. The feature is not new, but it’s something that you should be aware of.
What are WhatsApp Call Links?
WhatsApp Call Links is less popular, but they are very effective. It’s basically a link that users can create for others to join a call.
By call, we mean both audio and video calls. The goal is to create an audio/video call link on WhatsApp and share it with others.
The key benefit of generating WhatsApp Call Links is that anyone with the link can join the call at any time. This removes the pressure of joining a call when you’re too busy.
After generating a call link on WhatsApp, you need to share it with whoever you want to join the call. The feature is already available on the WhatsApp app for Android and iOS, and here’s how to create one.
Things You Should Know Before Creating WhatsApp Call Links
Now that you know the purpose of WhatsApp Call Links, you also have to consider a few things before creating one.
- Call Links are only available on WhatsApp for Android and iOS.
- Anyone with your call link can join the calls. So, make sure to only share it with people you trust.
- The users on your WhatsApp Block list won’t enter your call link.
- The WhatsApp Call Links will expire if they’ve been unused for 30 days.
- You can’t create a Call Link once generated, but WhatsApp can revoke links for privacy & security reasons.
How to Create WhatsApp Call Links
It’s pretty easy to create WhatsApp Call Links on Android and iOS; you just need to have the latest version of the WhatsApp App. Here’s how to create WhatsApp Call Links.
Note: We have used an Android smartphone to demonstrate the steps. iPhone users need to follow the same steps as well.
1. First of all, open the WhatsApp app on your smartphone.
2. When the app opens, switch to the Calls tab.
3. On the Calls tab, select the ‘Create call link‘ option.
4. Next, on the Create Call Link screen, tap on the Call type option.
5. You will see a prompt asking you to select the call type. Simply select between Video or Voice.
6. Once created, you will find three options to share the WhatsApp Call Link.
7. If you want to share the link to WhatsApp contact, select the ‘Send link via WhatsApp‘ option and select the contact.
8. If you want to share the link to any other app, select the ‘Share Link‘ option and pick the app where you want to share the link.
You can also copy the link and share it manually on any other app or site. That’s it! This is how you can create WhatsApp call links on Android/iOS.
How to Join WhatsApp Call Link?
If you’ve received a WhatsApp Call link, you will see a ‘Join Call‘ button once you click on the link.
Tapping on the Join call button will take you to the calling screen. Here you will see the participants and a ‘Join’ button to participate in the call.
We understand you may still have a few doubts about using WhatsApp Call Link. Below, we have answered all the most asked questions related to Call Links on WhatsApp.
Can anyone join WhatsApp Call Link?
No, anyone with a WhatsApp Account can only join your call by opening the link. For example, if your friend doesn’t have a WhatsApp account, clicking on the link will ask them to install the WhatsApp app first.
Can I Create an unlimited call link?
Well, there are no restrictions on creating call links. Whenever you create a call link, the URL will be different and secure.
Are Call link calls end-to-end encrypted?
Yes, the call link calls are end-to-end encrypted. So, you can join calls without worrying about any middleman listening to you.
Does call links ever expire?
Yes, the Call Links will expire if unused for 30 days. If the call links were used, they wouldn’t expire.
So, this guide is all about how to create and share WhatsApp Call Links. It’s a great feature, and you should use it. If you need more help creating WhatsApp call links, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, make sure to share it with your friends.