Now you can Opt Out of the Customer Experience Improvement Program in Windows 10 by using the different methods that we had discussed in this article. So follow the guide to proceed.
[dropcap]C[/dropcap]ustomer Experience Improvement Program is the feature that exists inside the Windows 10 and comes pre-bundled with the installation only; this program works in such a way that it tends to collect the system usage and operating data and share it with the developers. In others ways, this program is the way for the developers to get into contact with the Windows 10 working and the complete information regarding that and all that done to improve the quality of future releases. But as nobody could tell about the exact information that the program shares with the developers so for the security reasons users would like to disable that program. Here in this article, we have written about the method through which the Windows 10 users could get themselves out from the customer experience program and hence neglect all their information tracking on the device. The Customer Experience supports the developers to know about the user experience of their software, but if any user doesn’t want to include the indulgence of this program, then this could be disabled. You just go and read out the whole article given below so as to know about the method for disabling or opt out of the Customer Experience Program!
How to Opt-Out of the Customer Experience Improvement Program in Windows 10
Here we had discussed all the methods by which you can easily Opt Out of the Customer Experience Improvement Program in Windows 10.
#1 Using Control Panel
- Open up the Control Panel on your Windows 10 by using the start menu on the desktop. Now you have to search for the Customer keyword in the Control Panel search bar and then from the results click on the Change Customer Experience Improvement Program Settings.
- In the next Windows that appears on your screen look for another option named “No, I Don’t want to participate in the program” and then select it up using the radio button aside to it. Click on the Save Changes button, and that’s all, the CEIP would be disabled from then onwards!
#2 From Task Scheduler
Search the Task Scheduler in the Start Menu and from the results open it up. Using the left Panel go to the folder “Task Scheduler Library>Microsoft>Windows>Application Experience” and once you reach up there select all the tasks in the middle panel and disable these all by using the right-click menu options. That’s all!
Also Read: Best Windows 10 Tips, Tricks and Hacks 2019
#3 Using Group Policy Editor
- Press up “Win + R” keys on your keyboard while using the Windows 10 and then type in “gpedit.msc” in the panel that appears and after that click the Enter button. This would open up the Group Policy Editor on your Windows. Inside that navigate to the “Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Internet Communication Management -> Internet Communication Settings“.
- Find the option named “Turn off Windows Customer Experience Improvement Program” that appears in the right panel and double click on it. This will bring up the policy settings window, just select the Enabled radio button and click on the OK button to save the changes. After restarting your system execute the below command as an administrator to make the changes take effect. The CEIP would be then disabled!!
#4 Using Registry Editor
- Press “Win + R” and type in ‘Regedit’ and then press enter to bring up the Registry Editor on your Windows. Inside the Registry Editor navigate to the location “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SQMClient“. After that click on the Microsoft key and after that select the option New>Key.
- Name up the new key as SQMClient and then press the enter button. Create up the another key called Windows in the same way and then select it up, right-click on the right panel and select “New>DWORD (32 bit) Value”. Name it “CEIPEnable” and check it’s value that should be ‘0’ and if it does not then change it to ‘0’ and save it up. Restart your system, and the CEIP should be disabled!
Also check: Top Best Antivirus Software For Windows 10
After reading the above article you have now got about the method through which the Customer Experience Program could be stopped from gathering information from your device and indulging in your computer tasks. The program could be then again enabled for the working if at any instant you wish to do so for providing your different survey for the Windows 10. Hope you might have liked this method and tried it on your device, but if you haven’t tried it still then go now and try it up!