As you might know, Google announced a new feature in its Google App for iOS, which allows users to delete their search history of the last 15 minutes in just one tap. Google announced the feature at Google I/O 2021, which was held almost a year ago.
Until now, this feature was only available for iOS users, but now it looks like Android users can also delete the last 15 minutes of their search history with one tap. Yes, Google has now confirmed that it is bringing the same feature for Android smartphone users as well.
Although it’s a small feature, it saves a lot of time, as you no longer have to open the Google App’s history page, verify your password protection or screen lock to delete your search history. With this new feature, you can directly delete the search history of the last 15 minutes just by tapping on your profile page.
Steps to Delete the Last 15 Minutes of Google Search History on Android
If you are interested in trying out the new Google App feature on your Android smartphone, you have come to the right place. In this article. We will share a step-by-step guide on how to delete the last 15 minutes of Google Search History on Android. Let’s check out.
Important: According to the official reports, Google is slowly rolling out the feature to Android users. So, if you don’t find this option, you need to wait for a few more days or weeks.
1. First of all, open the Google Play Store on your Android and update the Google App.
2. Once updated, open the Google App on your Android smartphone.
3. On the Google app, you need to tap on your profile picture, as shown below.
4. From the menu that appears, you need to tap on the Delete Last 15 minutes option.
5. On the bottom of the screen, you will see a success message that reads, “Deleting history. Changes will show in your account soon”.
6. If you wish to cancel the deletion, tap on the Cancel button as shown below.
Well, the ability to delete the last 15 minutes of search history is excellent, but you should note that the feature will delete the search history across your entire account. That simply means, you won’t be able to view the history on your desktop, tablet, or any other compatible device.
This guide is all about how to delete the last 15 minutes of Google Search history on Android. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.