If you use Google Chrome, surely you have a handful of installed extensions that allow you to add extra features to the browser.
Basically, all these extensions are small applications or tools that give Chrome certain features and functions. However, since the extension you install might have control over your browser, it may become quite dangerous if we do not control exactly what they do.
After installing certain extensions, we may suspect or realize that our personal data is leaking. To know this, we will have to use an extension that has been developed to check which of the extensions have access to confidential data and may be endangering our security in the network.
Hence, in this tutorial, we will show you how to detect if any of the extensions installed in Google Chrome is stealing your personal data.
Steps to Detect & Block Malicious Google Chrome Extensions
The extension in question is known as Salesforce Security, which detects and blocks dangerous chrome extensions. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First of all, download & install the Salesforce Security extension on your Google Chrome web browser.
2. Now, click on the same icon next to the address bar, and we will automatically be shown a window with a list of all the extensions installed in Chrome.
3. From there, we have to activate or deactivate those that we want, even if we prefer it all at once from the switch that we can find in the upper right part.
4. Next, to each extension, we will also see a circle that can be of several colors. If it is green, it means that the extension is trusted.
5. Salesforce Security classifies with the color orange those that potentially can be dangerous, in red color those with a high risk of being dangerous.
6. From the list itself, in addition to being able to deactivate them, by clicking on each of them we can see the permissions that we have granted them and which of them may be endangering our data.
That’s it; now you are done, like this, you can discover or detect which extensions are installed in the Google Chrome web browser stealing your data.
With Salesforce Security, it becomes easy to detect and block malicious Google Chrome extensions. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.