In Windows while performing lots of tasks user generally use run commands dialog box to easy access the system settings and thats simply by pressing Win+R button and then executing the commands you want. But sometime while working on different users in windows PC this can alter the privacy of the user as sometime you limit some access that can easily be exploit by run commands. And your limited access will be of no use. And thats why its better to disable run dialog box so you can ensure your PC security. So here we have the great solution that will help you to disable these run dialog box. Yes its possible and I know most of you might not have tried this till yet. So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.
Learn the method to disable the run commands in your Windows OS to stop the users for executing the commands to edit the system settings, using the simple registry edit that will provide extra security to your OS.
How to Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows
The method is quite simple and straight and you just need to edit some of the registry settings that will disable the run dialog box on the windows screen. And for that you need to follow the simple steps below to proceed.
Steps To Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows:
- First of all in your windows 10 PC Press “Win+R” keys of a keyboard. And this will open a Run explorer. There enter Regedit and registry edit windows will open.
- Now you need to navigate to the folder HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies.
- Now there right click on the “Policies” key appearing on the left pane, and select the “New” option there and then “Key“.
- Now you need to right click on the newly created key and then rename it to Explorer and simply hit the enter button.
- Now simply right click on the right empty screen and then select new and DWORD (32-bit) Value option to create the new DWORD value there.
- Now you need to name the created value and you could write it as NoRun.
- Now simply double click on it and there change the value data from o to 1 and then simply click on ok button to save the changes that you had made.
- Now you need to simply restart you computer to reflect the made changes.
- Thats it you are done, now the run dialog box errors.
So above discussion is all about How to Disable Run Dialog Box in Windows. With this you can easily disable the run command box to open and execute any of the system settings that can effect your PC, So try this out today, Hope you like the guide, keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.