Reels are definitely the best feature of Instagram, which makes the photo & video sharing platform more famous. While Reels on Instagram may be addictive, the app doesn’t make it especially easy to download & video those videos.
Downloading Instagram Reel videos is something that users have always wanted because they are often short, and users end up watching that content multiple times. Downloading Reels for offline playback has one key benefit: it will reduce your internet bandwidth consumption.
As the app previously didn’t allow users to download Reels videos, users have relied on third-party apps & services to download the videos they liked the most. However, it looks like Meta allows Instagram users to download their favorite Reels videos in just a few clicks.
Yes, you read that right! Instagram’s new feature allows users to download Reels shared from all public accounts. This means you no longer have to rely on third-party Reels downloader apps to download your favorite Instagram videos.
Download Reels From Instagram
Meta had already made this new feature available to US users earlier this year, but now the company has started to roll out globally starting November 23.
The feature basically allows Instagram users to save reels created by public accounts to their camera roll or Gallery. There’s no need to install or link any third-party apps/services.
However, the one thing that users should note is that this new feature is just rolling out; hence, it may not be available to all users immediately. The feature to save Instagram Reels may take a few more weeks or months to reach all users.
How to Download Instagram Reels Without Any Third Party App
Now that you know that the feature has been released globally, you can go ahead and enjoy the new feature. You can download almost all Reels shared from a public account. Here are some easy steps to download Instagram reels without any app.
1. Open the official app store of Android or iPhone and update the Instagram App.
2. Once updated, open the app on your smartphone.
3. Now, find the Reels which you want to save for later viewing.
4. Now tap on the Share button on the right side.
5. At the bottom of the screen, you will find a new Download option. Tap on the Download button.
6. Within a few seconds, the Reels video will be saved on your phone’s internal storage. You can access the video from the File Browser, Gallery App, or Camera Roll.
That’s it! This is how you can download Reels on Instagram without any third-party app.
How do you prevent users from downloading your reels?
If you are a content creator, Instagram provides you an option to turn off the reel downloading feature. You can choose if people are allowed to download your reels. Here’s how to prevent others from downloading Instagram Reels videos.
1. Open the Instagram app and start recording & editing your reels. Next, tap on the Next button.
2. Next, tap on the More options at the bottom.
3. Now scroll down a bit & tap on the Advanced Settings.
4. Scroll down to the Allow people to download your reels option. Now, turn the toggle on or off to turn the feature on or off.
5. Now select whether you want to turn on/off downloading for all reels or only for the reel you’re uploading.
That’s it! This is how you can prevent people from downloading your Reels videos on the Instagram app.
Few Things You Should Note Before Downloading Instagram Reels
You should note a few important points before using this new feature. Here are some of them.
- You can only download Reels shared from a public Instagram account.
- All downloaded Reels will have a watermark with the creator’s Instagram handle.
- Instagram Reel creators can turn off the download option (even on public accounts).
- Downloaded reels aren’t allowed to be used for commercial purposes.
- If the Reel you’re downloading uses a licensed audio clip, the downloaded video will not have any audio.
So, this guide is all about how to download Instagram Reels without any third-party app or services. Let us know if you need more help downloading Instagram Reels videos on Android or iPhone. Also, if you find this guide helpful, don’t forget to share it with your friends.