[dropcap]C[/dropcap]hromium OS is an open-source project that aims to build an operating system and provides a fast, simple, and more secure computing experience for people that want more confidentiality in their work. Chrome OS user must have tried out lots of tricks and tips to make their task easier. And many of you must of know about root access as this is the admin access of the system and android users are most familiar with this. As root access gives you the privilege to modify the system files according to your wish, And with that you can also perform lots of cool tweaks and tricks and main thing is the Developer Mode that will let you to make system files working according to your wish, So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.
Learn the method to Enable Developer Mode on Chrome OS in order to Get Root Access that will help you to modify any system files and get the complete access of amazing features to try in your Chrome OS.
How to Enable Developer Mode on Chrome OS to Get Root Access
The method is quite simple and easy and you need to follow the simple and easy guide that will provide your Chrome OS the root access and this will enable the developer mode and give you all the controls to access the OS services. So follow the steps below to proceed.
Things to Keep in Mind Before Proceeding
- Chromebook will get reset
When you go for rooting process then you need to factory reset your device to flush out all the current directory files. And this will gonna revert back all the settings to the default factory settings. You can either backup all your important files or can store the files to the cloud services.
- Google will stop supporting your Chromebook
If the developer mode gets enables then the google will Stop supporting your device. And all the upcoming updates you have to manually install on your device. And this gonna voids warranty too, but in any case you need a service then simply disable the developer mode and claims the warranty.
Also Read: How to Play PS4 Remotely on Windows PC/MAC
Steps To Enable Developer Mode on Chrome OS to Get Root Access:
- First of all you need to boot your Chrome OS device into recovery mode and for that press hold the Esc and Refresh button simultaneously and then, press the Power button.
- Now your chromebook should then boot up with a message “Chrome OS is missing or damaged“, but don’t get panic its normal.
- Now process Ctrl+D of your keyboard to move on further page.
- Now press Enter to “turn OS verification off“.
- Now either press Ctrl+D or let the system start automatically after a beep sound.
- And then your chrome OS will then start transitioning to Developer Mode and then screen says, you can turn your computer off to cancel the process. The OS gives you 30 seconds to cancel the process, after which you cannot turn off your computer.
- Now you will see the screen with “Preparing system for Developer Mode” and it will takes some time, so be patient.
- Now after the process completes you will see the welcome screen where you need to select the language, keyboard and connect to a network and you can also enable the option turn on debugging features.
- And if you enable it then on next page by clicking proceed you will need to enter the password for the root access.
- Thats it you are done, now the developer option will get enabled and you can check that by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T and enter a command like “Shell” and this will opens a full bash-like shell and only works on developer mode enabled devices.
So above discussion is all about How to Enable Developer Mode on Chrome OS to Get Root Access. Use the simple guide and you can easily access the system files and can modify them according to your wish. Hope you like the guide, keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.