Let’s have a look on guide to Enable “Share Settings” Option in the Windows 10 Settings App that will help you to change system settings according to your wish, So have a look on complete guide discussed below.
[dropcap]T[/dropcap]he Window 8 have far before got up the all new Share feature by utilizing which most of the apps share up the things. Moreover, this feature could be independently used to share up the documents, emails, images and other files directly using the Share Charm. The same feature have been introduced in the Windows 10, and no amendments have been made in this Share feature, and all those things could be done like an exchange of data directly. By default, the Windows doesn’t give access to the users to make any customizations to the Share menu, and the customization options are hidden as set by the developers. In case if you wish to make any changes to the Share menu and set up various aspects to your way then the Share menu page have to be unlocked. This could only be done through the registry tweaks as there is no such direct option for that. Here in this article, we have written about the method by which you could enable the Share settings page on your Windows 10 and hence access this comfortably. If you also wish to kn0w how the Share Settings could be unlocked and located on the Windows 10 then go and read up about this whole article!
How to Enable “Share Settings” Option in the Windows 10 Settings App
The method is quite straightforward and easy, and you just need to follow the simple step by step guide that we had discussed just right below.
Steps to Enable “Share Settings” Option in the Windows 10 Settings App:
1. First of all press the Win + R keys on your keyboard and then type in “winver” and push the enter button.
This would return you with the About Windows panel from where you could check your current Windows version number. Note that if it is 1607 and above or not because the method we are going to discuss would work only with the 1607 and above version numbers. If your windows are compatible with the purpose, then go and know about the further steps now.
2. Open up the start menu and then search for the ‘Regedit’ keyword which would return with the option. Click on it to open it up, and you would be accessing the Windows Registry Editor Window, therefore. Navigate to the “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel” location in the Registry Editor.
3. Select the Control Panel key on the left pane and then right click on the right pane and select the “New” option from there followed by the “DWORD (32-bit) Value” option. This is done to create a new blank DWORD value, just name the new value “EnableShareSettings“.
4. The new DWORD that you have just created would be having the value data of 0 by default, but you have to change the value to 1 and to do that up double click on the value data ad enter the new value and after that press on the OK button so as to save up the changes.
5. Just restart your system, and then you could simply see your new Share Settings page. To access the new share settings page click on the Notifications icon and then select up the option naming “All Settings.” Now inside the settings app navigate to the System where you would be able to see the new option “Share” placed just below the About option!
Finally, you have come to the spot where you have got about all the method regarding the unlocking of Share Settings page on your Windows page. As this approach is used over the registry of your Windows so be very careful about applying the exact method as in the case of any incorrect changes made in the registry your system functions would stop to work and also cause damage to it. Rather than that this method is completely easy to be applied and you won’t just find it any rush over your mind. Hope you might have liked the article and got up the results by using it on your device!