While iPhone is usually bug-free and is very stable, sometimes you may still have to factory reset it. Factory reset is not something you do very often, but it’s still important to know the procedure to do so.
It’s a good idea to factory reset your iPhone before you sell it, trade it in, or give it away. Factory reset will ensure that all data has been permanently removed from your iPhone and can’t be recovered through any third-party app.
Steps to Factory Reset iPhone
There are multiple ways to factory reset iPhones, but we are going to share the easiest one. Here’s how you can factory reset your iPhone in easy steps.
1. To factory reset your iPhone, open the Settings app.
2. When the Settings app opens, navigate to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone.
3. Next, tap on Erase all content and Settings.
4. You will be asked to enter the passcode or Apple ID password.
5. Simply enter the passcode and wait for your device to erase.
That’s it! That’s how easy it is to factory reset an iPhone. The factory reset part may take a few minutes to erase your data completely. So, wait patiently for the process to complete.
So, this guide is all about how to factory reset your iPhone in easy steps. You should factory reset if you are facing some problems with your iPhone. Also, it’s recommended to factory reset your iPhone before you sell it to others.