Well, Android devices come with GPS connectivity options for location services. Your smartphone tracks your location for various reasons. With location services, you can track travel routes, track lost devices, etc.
Apps also use not only that but GPS functionality to offer you location-based services. Even major companies like Google, Tinder, Facebook, Uber, Swiggy, etc., rely on GPS to provide their services.
There could be multiple reasons why you want to fake your GPS location. For example, maybe you want to check in someplace without going there; or wish to access location-specific content. Whatever might be the reason, you can easily fake a GPS location on your Phone.
Also Read: How to Install Windows 10 From an Android
Steps to Fake a GPS Location on Android
So, in this article, we will share a working method that would help you fake GPS locations on Android devices.
To Fake GPS location on Android, we will use an app called ‘Fake GPS Location – GPS JoyStick.’ First, let’s check out some of the features of the GPS Joystick Android app.
- The app changes GPS location instantly and effortlessly.
- You can use the app’s map to change your current location.
- The app also lets you keep track of your favorite list of locations.
- It lets you enter latitude/longitude directly from the joystick.
1. First of all, install the Fake GPS Location – GPS JoyStick app on your Android.
2. Open the app and accept the privacy & Policy.
3. Now, you will see the main interface of the app.
4. Now scroll down and select the ‘Set Location’ option. Now tap on the ‘Click here to open the map’ option.
5. Now, select the location on the map and place the marker. Once done, tap on the ‘Start button.
6. You need to enable the GPS location now.
7. Once done, you need to grant permission to draw over other apps. Grant permission.
8. Now, you need to enable the ‘Mock Location.’
9. To enable the mock location, head to the Developer option, then tap ‘Select mock location app.’ Next, select ‘GPS Joystick’ as a mock location app.
10. Once done, the app will let you know that the Mock location service is running.
11. To confirm the changes, open Google maps and check the current location. You should see the new location there.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can fake a GPS Location on an Android device.
So, this article is all about how to fake a GPS location on your Phone. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.