Windows 11 users know that the program files are stored in the C: Drive, which is often used for system installation, and all apps and programs are stored there by default.
You can, however, change the installation location on the app installation wizard. This allows you to select different folders and drives to store the program files.
If you install different apps & programs in different folders or drives, you may forget the actual installation path at some point. You need to rely on a few methods to locate the apps or programs in such a case.
Also Read: How to Repair Apps and Programs in Windows 11
3 Methods to Find App & Program Locations on Windows 11
It’s pretty easy to find the installation directory of any app or game on your Windows 11 PC. Hence, this article will list down some of the best methods to find where a program is installed on Windows 11 PC. Let’s check out.
1) Find Location using the Program Icon
The app icon that you see on your desktop screen can find the installation folder. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First of all, right-click on the program whose installation folder you want to locate. Next, click on the Properties.
2. You will find the installation path on the Target Field.
3. Alternatively, click on the Open File Location button to open the installation folder directly.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can locate the app’s installation folder via a desktop icon.
2) Find Program Location via Start Menu
We will use the Windows 11 Start Menu to find the app & program location in this method. Here are some of the simple steps you need to follow.
1. First of all, open the Windows 11 start menu and type in the name of the program you are looking for. Here we have used the VLC media player to demonstrate the process.
2. Select the program and right-click on it. Next, select the ‘Open File Location’ option.
That’s it! You are done. This will take you to the Location where it stored the program after the installation.
3) Find App & Program Location via Task Manager
You can even use the Task Manager on Windows 11 to find the app and program location. Here’s what you need to do.
1. First of all, open the Windows 11 Start Menu and type in Task Manager. Open Task Manager from the list of options.
2. On the Task Manager, switch to the Details tab as shown below.
3. Now, you will find all processes & applications running on your system.
4. Find your application, right-click on it, and select Open File Location.
That’s it! This will launch the installation folder of your application.
These three methods will help you find the installation directory of any app or game on your Windows 11 PC. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.