If you are using a Windows operating system for a while, then you might know the importance of a firewall. Firewall software monitors the incoming and outgoing traffic in your network, bet it LAN or WiFi internet via your router. A firewall program is a much-needed thing for those who surf the web via free Public WiFi.
The Firewall program just adds an extra layer of security on the top of your Antivirus program. The built-in Firewall of Windows is great, but it’s not that effective. If we search for Firewall programs on the web, we will find lots of Firewall software that are easy to use and packs far more features compared to the built-in Windows Firewall.
List of 10 Best Firewall Software For Windows 10
So, here in this article, we are going to explore the list of best Windows Firewall program that you can use on your system. However, make sure to disable the built-in Windows firewall before you use these firewalls. So, let’s explore the best free Firewall Programs for Windows 10.
Comodo Firewall is one of the best free Windows Firewall tools that you can use on your Windows 10 computer. The interface of Comodo Firewall is pretty clean, and it’s very easy to use. You just need to add programs to the block list to restrict internet usage. Apart from that, Comodo Firewall also offers an ad blocker, custom DNS servers, and Game mode.
- It’s one of the most powerful Firewall software available for Windows.
- The Firewall uses auto-sandbox technology to prevent viruses and other malicious software.
- Comodo Firewall is completely free to download and use.
If you are searching for a Firewall program for your Windows 10 computer that doesn’t push unnecessary notifications, then TinyWall might be the best pick for you. The Firewall Program is known for its lightweight and clean interface, and it allows users to select apps to give it firewall permissions manually.
- It is a lightweight, user-friendly, and secure firewall for Windows.
- TinyWall automatically blocks annoying popular and simple configurations.
- It’s pretty lightweight and barely uses any resources on your computer.
- With TinyWall, you can set temporary firewall rules, block IPs, etc.
ZoneAlarm, the leading antivirus manufacturer, also has a free Firewall tool that allows users to adjust the security mode of public and private networks. The firewall program offers two security types Auto-Learn or Max Security. The Auto-Learn feature makes changes based on your behavior, and Max Security provides users the ability to control every app manually.
- ZoneAlarm Free Firewall protects your computer against every inbound and outbound cyber attack.
- You can use ZoneAlarm Free Firewall to block unwanted traffic.
- ZoneAlarm Free Firewall monitors programs for suspicious behavior.
PeerBlock is a little bit different compared to all other Windows Firewall programs listed in the article. Instead of blocker programs, PeerBlock blocks the list of IP addresses that come under specific categories. For example, it can load and block the list of IP Address that was labeled as business ISPs, educational, ads, spyware, P2P, etc.
- With PeerBlock, you can block communication with advertising and spyware oriented servers.
- You can also block communication with computers monitoring your p2p activities.
- The tool is entirely free to download & use.
5. AVS Firewall
If you are looking for a Windows Firewall tool to block malicious registry changes, pop-ups, flash banners, ads, etc, then AVS Firewall might be the best pick for you. Guess what? AVS Firewall can block programs, IP Address, Ports from accessing your internet connection. The user interface of AVS Firewall is another positive thing about the tool, and the program is compatible with almost all Windows versions.
- AVS Firewall is best for securing PC from malware and hacking attacks.
- The tool protects your PC’s registry against unauthorized changes.
- You can easily set up firewall rules with AVS Firewall.
The great thing about Outpost Firewall is that it has a self-learning algorithm that can detect programs that share some similarities. For example, if you are using a screen recorder on your computer and if you have given it Firewall permissions, the Outpost Firewall will automatically block other Screen recorders from using the internet.
- Outpost Firewall is known for its self-learning algorithm.
- With OutPost Firewall, you can easily block incoming communication.
- The firewall software for Windows detects & blocks all intrusions by hackers.
- It also detects & blocks data theft attempts.
If you are searching for a simple to use yet effective Firewall program for your Windows 10 computer, then NetDefender might be the best pick for you. The program allows users to define a source & destination IP Address, Port number, a protocol to block or allow any address. Not just that, but NetDefender also has a port scanner that can see which ports are open on your system.
- With NetDefender, you can easily block and allow all incoming/outgoing traffic.
- Depending on your security needs, you can add custom rules to NetDefender.
- It also has a port scanner that scans the system for open ports.
- R-firewall protects your computer against any intrusions, hacking attacks, spyware, etc.
- You can set up custom firewall rules with R-firewall.
- With proper configuration, R-firewall can also block ads, web trackers, spam emails, etc.
If you are looking for a simple to use yet effective firewall option for your Windows operating system, then GlassWire might be the best pick for you. Guess what? the user interface of GlassWire is pretty simple to use and it shows the real-time analysis of apps using the network. Just like all other firewall programs, GlassWire also allows users to black malicious registry entries, pop-ups, etc. Yes, you can also restrict internet access to the apps as well.
- GlassWire is known for its attractive user-interface.
- The firewall is absolutely free & easy to use.
- With Glasswire, you can block malicious registry entries, pop-ups, etc.
- You can also set up custom rules to restrict certain apps from accessing the internet.
Just like all other firewall apps for Windows, Privatefirewall also allows users to block applications from using the internet. It has a separate panel in which it shows the list of apps that are allowed or blocked. From the same panel, you can create other firewall rules as well.
- The training mode of PrivateFirewall analyzes your computer and online habits to protect you.
- You can set up rules in PrivateFirewall to block apps from accessing the internet.
- PrivateFirewall monitors every port to prohibit unauthorized scanning and system intrusion.
So, these are the best Firewall Programs that you can use on your Windows 10 computer. If you know any other Firewall software like these, let us know in the comment section below. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also.