Nowadays, users are using Windows 10, but it has one disadvantage users are complaining about: The CPU temperature issue. Overheating is a bad sign for the device’s efficiency as it reduces the computer’s performance and damages the hardware.
Fix & Monitor the Windows 10 CPU Temperature Issue
The guide we will discuss below will help you fix the CPU temperature issue in windows 10. So look at the steps below to proceed with all possible ways to help you sort it out.
Using Power Troubleshooter
- In the search box, type Troubleshooting and select it.
- On the left side, select View and then click Power Troubleshooter.
- Click Next and follow the instructions. Perform a Clean Boot
Disable unwanted apps to boot up along with Windows
Clean Boot disables all the apps that might start with Windows 10. It boots up with the core applications. Booting up Windows 10 with more software installation and applications cause high CPU usage and temperature. So, uninstall unwanted software and applications.
- Press the Windows+R key of the keyboard and then type “msconfig“.
- A window showing the system configuration will appear, and click on Services.
In the Services tab, check the Hide all Microsoft services option.
- Once done, click on Disable all button. Next, click on “Apply” and then “OK“.
- It will ask to restart the computer. You must restart the computer to bring the effect.
Disable the services at the Windows startup
- Press the Windows+R key consecutively and then type ‘msconfig‘.
- The System Configuration window will appear, click on the Startup tab, and then open Task Manager.
- The Task Manager window opens, and reach over to the Startup tab
- A list of applications and processes shows the startup with Windows 10. Select from them and disable services you don’t want to run at a start-up.
- Close the Task Manager and come back to System Configuration Window. Select “OK” and restart your computer.
Cleaning your CPU fan or change it
The overheating problem is also sometimes caused due to the dust that sticks to the fan. You must clean it or, in some cases, replace it completely.
So these are some selected ways to fix Windows 10 CPU temperature Issues. Use these above-stated methods to easily eliminate the heating issues you face in Windows 10 PC. I hope you like the guide; keep on sharing with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries about this.