While updating Windows 10, a series of unnecessary temporary files are generated, and if you have a large-capacity hard drive, you may not care about the storage. However, if you have an SSD or limited storage, it’s best to look for options to free up the disk space.
Hence, it is convenient to eliminate the ‘residual’ or ‘temporary’ files when the system does not do it, and thus we can save several GBs of our hard disk. However, the fact is that there are several ways to do this, and today here in this article, we will tell you how to free up storage space after updating to Windows 10.
Apart from all the methods, the easiest way is the manual procedure. To do so, we have to access path C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution; from here, we can delete the download files manually, or we can completely delete the folder “SharedFileCache”.
Now, as we discussed, there are other ways to free the internal storage space of our computer after applying the Windows 10 update, and one of them is with the Cleanmgr + program, using Windows Update Clean within the different cleaning tools of the hard disk that the application has.
Steps to Free Up Disk Space After Updating Windows 10
How to remove all the unnecessary temporary files generated automatically by the Windows Update after an update of the operating system in Windows 10. Again without using third-party applications, it is possible to do so through the System Symbol utility that comes ‘pre-installed’ on any computer with Windows 10 operating system.
- The procedure starts in the taskbar, looking for CMD and opening it as administrator.
- You must type this command net stop wuauserv in CMD (without the quotes).
- After the above step, it will simply force stop the Windows update service.
- Once you have done this, now you will have to execute the command “cd%Windir%\SoftwareDistribution” (without the quotes) in such a way that the command console starts working on the route that interests us.
- Then you will have to use the command of/f/s/q Download, which will delete the folder with which we have been working on the first option we mentioned earlier.
- Now you have to use the net start wuauserv command again so that the update service will work normally on your computer again.
That’s it! Now you are done.
This is one of the many tricks of Windows 10 to make it work fast. So, what do you think about this? Share all your views and thoughts in the comment section below. And if you liked this article, do not forget to share this article with your friends and family.