On the Apple’s new Macbook, there a great new change, that is the keyboard now features the whole new touch bar for several functions which indeed also replaces many other keys on it. This could be a great new change that the users might also like but for the regular users, those who are familiar with the keys would miss many of these. ESC key is one of such keys which have been replaced by the touch bar on the Mac and most probably the users would miss its existence. For the users those who still wish to get the ESC key functionality back on their Latest Macbook there is some method to which it could be possible. The method is all about remapping the extra Caps Lock key on the keyboard to change the function to ESC key. Here in this article, we have written the method with which you could get your Mac’s ESC key back through remapping the Caps Lock key. To know about the method, just head on to the main part of the article which is given below.
Get your Mac’s ESC key back by Remapping Caps Lock with the help of key modifier in your MAC that will allow you to easily get the ESC key functionality in place of caps lock on your computer.
Also Read: Best Security Implementations To Do On MAC
How to Get your Mac’s ESC key Back by Remapping Caps Lock
Below is the complete step by step guide that will help you to easily Get your Mac’s ESC key Back by Remapping Caps Lock. So follow the below steps to proceed.
Steps to Get your Mac’s ESC key Back by Remapping Caps Lock:
1. First of all, the thing that you would need to do is simply move on to the System Preferences on the Mac device which possibly you could easily locate if you are using it. This settings menu is the place for most of the behavior settings of the system as well as the devices attached. The keyboard is also like the attached device or the accessory so you could also easily set and alter it’s functioning to some extent from the settings menu.
2. After reaching the System Preferences just look forward to the Keyboard tab and then under it go for the button named “Modifier Keys” placed at the bottom right of the Settings panel or the menu. This would be simple to locate and execute as after clicking on the Keyboard option from the Preferences panel there would be another panel launched on which the option is placed cleanly at the bottom.
3. From there after clicking the Modifier Keys button, you would now be able to replace or alter the functioning of the four different keys of the keyboard named Caps lock, Control, Option and the Command. As you could do changes for all these but here in this article, we have only written for the Caps Lock replacing.
4. Click on the Caps Lock drop down and then look for the Escape key option there, this is what your Caps Lock would then replace after the whole settings. After making the selection just saves the changes by pressing the OK button and return to your tasks or home screen.
5. Now after all that, the Caps-Lock key of your Mac’s keyboard key would behave like it is the ESC key and perform all the functions like the ESC key. You won’t be able to get familiar with the Caps lock as soon but the main thing is that you would get the function of ESC key in place of one of your Cap Lock button on the keyboard.
And this was the method through which you could get your Mac’s ESC key Back by remapping the Caps Lock through getting into the registry of the OS. As from the article, you have got up that the method isn’t too difficult or complex but any moderate user could apply it without any issues. It’s now your time to apply this method and hence get the working ESC key function on your Mac’s keyboard from Caps Lock key before. Hope you would like up the method, don’t forget to share your views!