The Indian government has banned 54 Chinese apps in the country, highlighting that these apps are a ‘threat to India’s security. The Ministry of Electronics and IT has released a list of apps that are banned.
One of the biggest names on the list is “Garena Free Fire- Illuminate.” It is the most popular game alternative to PUBG Mobile.
Apart from Free Fire, the list of banned apps mostly include clones of apps that are already banned in 2020. A few of the apps that were earlier banned had re-launched and re-branded in India.
These 54 Chinese Apps Are Banned in India
With this new list of banned apps, now the total apps are around 324 banned by the Indian government.
There are a few photo editing, editing, app cloning, and games apps. After PUBG Mobile was banned in the country, Garena Free Fire grew a lot in a short time in the gaming industry.
The 54 Chinese apps include Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD, Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera, Equalizer & Bass Booster, CamCard for SalesForce Ent, Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite, Viva Video Editor, Tencent Xriver, Onmyoji Chess, Onmyoji Arena, AppLock, Dual Space Lite.
— ANI (@ANI) February 14, 2022
Garena Free Fine game is not available on both Play Store and App Store. However, illuminate version is removed earlier, but the Max version is still there on Play Store. It is said that Google might take it down very soon.
Here is the Full List of 54 Banned Apps:
- APUS Security HD (Pad Version)
- Barcode Scanner – QR Code Scan
- Beauty Camera – Selfie Camera
- Beauty Camera: Sweet Selfie HD
- CamCard for SalesForce Ent
- Conquer Online
- Conquer Online – MMORPG Game
- CuteU Pro
- CuteU: Match With The World
- Dual Space – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space – 64Bit Support
- Dual Space Lite – Multiple Accounts & Clone App
- Dual Space Pro – 32Bit Support
- Dual Space Pro – Multiple Accounts & App Cloner
- DualSpace Lite – 32Bit Support
- Equalizer – Bass Booster & Volume EQ & Virtualizer
- Equalizer & Bass Booster – Music Volume EQ
- Equalizer Pro – Volume Booster & Bass Booster
- EVE Echoes
- Extraordinary Ones
- FancyU – Video Chat & Meetup
- FancyU pro – Instant Meetup through Video chat!
- FunChat Meet People Around You
- Garena Free Fire – Illuminate
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time Lite
- Lica Cam – selfie camera app
- Live Weather & Radar – Alerts
- MoonChat: Enjoy Video Chats
- MP3 Cutter – Ringtone Maker & Audio Cutter
- Music Player – Equalizer & MP3
- Music Player – MP3 Player
- Music Player – Music, MP3 Player
- Music Plus – MP3 Player
- Nice video baidu
- Notes – Color Notepad, Notebook
- Onmyoji Arena
- Onmyoji Chess
- Parallel Space Lite 32 Support
- RealU Lite -video to live!
- RealU: Go Live, Make Friends
- Rise of Kingdoms: Lost Crusade
- SmallWorld-Enjoy groupchat and video chat
- Stick Fight: The Game Mobile
- Tencent Xriver
- Twilight Pioneers
- UU Game Booster-network solution for high ping
- Video Player Media All Format
- Viva Video Editor – Snack Video Maker with Music
- Voice Recorder & Voice Changer
- Volume Booster – Loud Speaker & Sound Booster
- Wink: Connect Now
The Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has ordered Google and Apple to block access to these apps. This ban is imposed under the provisions of Section 69A of the Information Technology Act, 2000.
However, this is not the first time the Indian government has banned Chinese apps. Earlier, in June 2020, the IT ministry banned 59 apps including TikTok, Shareit, and others.