WhatsApp is certainly the most popular instant messaging app at this point. The instant messaging app can be downloaded on Android, iOS, and desktop platforms. With WhatsApp, you can send and receive messages, send files, and make voice and video calls.
If you have been using WhatsApp for a while, you might know about the WhatsApp Last Seen feature. WhatsApp’s Last Seen feature basically tells your contacts when you were last active.
The Last Seen status of a contact sits at the top of the conversation thread, informing you when the contact last opened the app.
On WhatsApp, the last seen status is set to ‘Everyone’ by default, making it visible to all WhatsApp users. However, many might want to disable that to prevent spam on their account.
Even if unknown numbers do not spam your account, it’s best to set the Last Seen status to My contact. If you do so, only the contacts you have saved will be able to see your Last Seen status on WhatsApp.
Steps to Hide Your WhatsApp Last Seen Status from Unknown Users
So, in this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to hide your Last Seen status from unknown accounts on WhatsApp. Let’s check out.
1. First of all, open the Google Play Store and update the WhatsApp app on your Android.
2. Once updated, open the WhatsApp app and tap on the three dots as shown below.
3. From the list of options, tap on the Settings.
4. On the Settings page, tap on the Account option as shown below.
5. On the next page, tap on the Privacy option.
6. On the Privacy page, scroll down and tap on the Last Seen option.
7. On the Last Seen, select My Contacts.
That’s it! You are done. Now your WhatsApp’s last seen status will only be viewed by your contacts.
Recently, WhatsApp was found testing a new privacy feature that prevents people you don’t know or haven’t communicated with from seeing your Last Seen status. That means, after a few weeks or months, you won’t have to make any changes, as WhatsApp will automatically hide your last seen status from strangers.
I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.