WhatsApp and Messenger are both instant messaging applications owned by the same company – Meta (formerly Facebook Inc.). Even though both instant messaging apps can be used to send and receive text messages, make voice and video calls, receive files, etc., they are very different.
WhatsApp relies on your phone number to connect with your friends, whereas Messenger only allows you to communicate with your Facebook friends. In this article, we will discuss how to hide chats in Messenger.
Why Hide Chats on Messenger?
There could be various reasons people would want to hide their Facebook chats, and privacy concern is usually the primary reason. Also, some users share their accounts with their family members and wish to hide their private messages.
Many users hide their Messenger messages just to keep their inbox clean & tidy. Whatever the reason, Facebook Messenger allows you to hide chats in easy steps. Hence, if you are looking for ways to hide messages on Messenger, you are reading the right guide.
Steps to Hide Messages on Messenger (Desktop & Mobile)
This article will share a step-by-step guide on hiding or unhidingMessages on Messenger. We have shown the tutorial for both desktop & mobile versions of Messenger. Let’s check out.
Hide Messages on Messenger on the Desktop
In this method, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to hide Messages on Messenger for desktop. You can use this method on the Messenger desktop client or the web version. Let’s check out.
1. Open your Facebook account and click on the Messenger icon.
2. Next, click on the See all in Messenger link.
3. On Messenger, click on the three dots behind the contact name whose messages you want to hide.
4. Click on the Archive chat option from the list of options.
That’s it! You are done. This will hide the Messages of the person.
How to See the Hidden Messages?
Once archived, you need to access the Archive folder on Messenger to access all your hidden messages. Here’s how to see hidden messages on Messenger.
1. First of all, open Messenger and click on the three dots as shown below.
2. From the list of options that appears, click on the Archived chats.
3. Now, you will find all your archived chats.
That’s it! This is how you can see all your hidden messages on Messenger for desktop.
How to Unhide Messages
To access the messages, click on the three dots on your Messenger window as shown below.
Next, click on the Archived chats option. Now you will be able to see all your hidden messages.
To unhide the messages, you need to tap on the three dots beside the contact name and select Unarchive chat option.
Hide Messages on Messenger for Android
If you use the Messenger Android app to exchange text messages, you need to follow this guide. Hiding messages on Messenger for Android is easy; follow some simple steps shared below.
1. First, launch the Messenger app on your Android smartphone.
2. On the Messenger app, long press on the chat threat which you want to hide and select ‘Archive’
3. This will immediately hide the chat from your inbox. To bring back the hidden chats, you need to tap on your profile picture.
4. On the Profile settings page, scroll down and tap on the Archived Chats option
5. You will find all your hidden chats here. To unhide the chat, long press on the chat and select Unarchive.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can hide and unhide messages on Messenger for Android.
It’s pretty easy to hide Messages on Messenger for Android & desktop. So, these are some of the simple steps to hide messages on Messenger. If you are stuck somewhere in the steps and need help, let us know in the comments below.