When it comes to music streaming, no app can beat Spotify. Spotify is right now the top-rated music streaming service available on the web. It’s right now used by millions of users worldwide.
Spotify is a free music streaming service but has a premium plan. The premium Spotify subscription provides you with better audio quality and removes ads. However, regular users can use Spotify free to satisfy their music needs.
Until now, we have shared many tips & tricks on Spotify, and today, we will discuss how to loop a song on Spotify. You can loop your favorite song on Spotify to play the song on repeat.
If you loop your favorite song, you won’t have to manually press the back button on Spotify to switch back to your previous song. It’s pretty easy to loop a song on Spotify, and you can do it from both the Spotify desktop app and the mobile app for iPhone and Android devices.
Steps to Loop a Song on Spotify
Hence, if you want to put your favorite song on Repeat on Spotify on your desktop or mobile, continue reading the guide. Below, we have the methods for putting songs on repeat on both Spotify for desktop and mobile.
1. How to Loop a Song on Spotify Mobile
Follow these steps if you use the Spotify mobile app to satisfy your music needs. We have used an Android smartphone to demonstrate the steps; you must follow the same steps on iPhone.
1. First of all, open the Spotify app on your smartphone.
2. Now, play the song you wish to put on repeat.
3. Next, on the playback controls for Spotify, tap the Repeat button. The repeat button on Spotify looks like two arrows going in a circle.
4. Tapping the repeat button will turn the icon green and put the playlist or album on repeat mode.
5. If you want to play the song on repeat, tap the Repeat button again. Doing so will add ‘1‘ on the Repeat icon.
6. If you want to end the loop, tap the Repeat button again. If the repeat icon remains green, but the ‘1’ disappears, the song will not play in the loop. To turn off repeat for the playlist or album, tap the Repeat button again.
That’s it! If the Repeat icon turns grey, there’s no repeat set for Albums/Playlists or songs.
2. How to Loop a Song on Spotify Desktop
You can also put songs in repeat mode on Spotify for the web. However, the steps are a bit different. Here’s how you can loop a song on Spotify for a desktop.
1. First, open the Spotify application on your Windows or MAC. The steps are the same for the Spotify web version as well.
2. Play the song you want to put into a loop. Next, on the playback control, click on the Repeat button twice. The repeat button looks like two curved arrows forming a circle.
3. Clicking the Repeat button twice will add the numeric ‘1’ to the icon. Then, the icon will turn green with a tiny ‘1’. This will loop your favorite song.
4. If you want to loop a playlist or album, click the Repeat button once instead of twice. Clicking on the Repeat icon twice puts the song on repeat, and once puts Album/Playlist on repeat.
5. To end all repeats, tap on the Repeat button twice. If no repeat is set, the Repeat icon will turn grey.
That’s it! This is how you can loop a song on Spotify’s desktop.
Also read: How to Hide and Unhide Songs on Spotify
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I repeat a podcast with Spotify?
No! There’s no option as of now to repeat a podcast with Spotify. The only option you get is to put the podcasts in a queue so that they will replay again once all of them finish.
How to Put a Song on Repeat Spotify Web?
The steps to put a song on repeat are the same for both Spotify desktop and app. First, you must play the song and then click the Repeat button. Next, press the repeat button twice; it will turn green and show a mini ‘1’. This indicates the song is on Repeat.
How do I make a playlist repeat on Spotify?
If you want to put the entire song playlist on repeat, you need to begin playing a song and click on the Repeat button once. Then, press the repeat button again to turn it green along with ‘1’. This indicates that the playlist is set in repeat mode.
Do I need Spotify Premium to Repeat/Loop a Song?
No! We have used the free Spotify account to demonstrate the steps shared in the article. The ability to repeat or loop a song is available in Spotify’s premium and free versions.
So, these simple steps will let you loop a song on Spotify for desktop and mobile. So, you can enjoy your favorite songs endlessly by putting them into a loop. If you need more help playing songs on repeat on Spotify, let us know in the comments. Also, if the article helped you, share it with your friends.