If you have been using an Android smartphone for a while, you might know that the mobile operating system slows down over time.
After about one year, the smartphone shows signs of lags and sluggishness. Also, it starts to drain the battery at a faster rate. So, if your smartphone is also showing signs of slowness, and if you already have a rooted device, then you are reading the right article.
List of 10 Speed Up Android Device After Rooting
In this article, we will share some of the best apps that would help you speed up your rooted Android in no time. Most of these apps are free to download and available on the Google Play Store. So, let’s check out.
Greenify is the first app on my list as it is straightforward and very effective in increasing your Android’s battery life. The basic function of the app is to hibernate your background apps.
You also have the option to hibernate your applications and let the remaining apps like Facebook and Whatsapp run as usual.
- Unlike the “Freeze” feature in “TitaniumBackup Pro” that disable the app, you can still use your app, as usual, share content with it. No need to freeze & defreeze it.
- You can choose to disable the app when the screen goes off.
- Unlike any “XXX Task Killer,” your device will never fall into the cat-mouse game of stealthy-running and aggressive killing.
2. Rom manager
Rom manager is one great app for all enthusiasts who want to flash new ROMs and taste new Android versions. This app gives you a list of all the famous ROMs available for your android phone.
You can also download them through this application, and this also saves you a lot of time searching for them on the internet. The premium version of this app is worth a try.
- Flash your recovery to the latest and greatest ClockworkMod recovery.
- Manage your ROMs via a handy UI.
- Organize and perform backups and restores from within Android!
- Install ROMs from your SD card.
Titanium Backup is for those of you who do a lot of flashing on their phone. This is the best application to backup the app data. It provides multiple backup options like backing up specific data and specific applications.
Not only that, but you can also freeze your apps and convert them into user apps and much more. This is a great app, and I suggest you try it out.
- Backup apps without closing them.
- Create your update.zip containing apps+data.
- Restore individual apps+data from non-root ADB backups.
- Restore individual apps+data from CWM & TWRP Backups.
There are many apps out there that can do the same tasks that this does but the support and the excellent interface of this app beat them all.
With this app, you can overclock your phone to make it faster, under-volt it to increase your battery life, and a lot more. All in all, this is and the must-have app for rooted devices.
- ADB over WLAN
- Set I/O scheduler, read-ahead buffer, CPU scaling governor, min and max CPU speed
- CPU Statistics
- Set Device hostname
- Apply Grace Period (was Bootloop Preventer)Frequency Lock
Have you ever felt that your phone lags a bit while playing games or your phone restarts at heavy usage? If yes, then this is the perfect application for you.
RAM Booster digs into your phone’s RAM and clears out the background apps. This app is a must for those who want to speed up their smartphone.
- Small widget to adaptively boost RAM from anywhere
- Fast cache cleaner: one click to clean cache
- Quick SD Card cleaner: efficiently scan and clean junk created by million apps
- Advanced application manager.
Well, Link2SD is one of the best and most useful apps that you could ever use on Android. The app does a simple job – it moves the applications from internal storage to external.
So, if your phone is running short of storage, you can move system apps to your external memory. It will move apps along with all its data.
- Link app, dex, and lib files of apps to SD card
- Automatically link newly installed apps (optional)
- Move any user apps to SD even though the app does not support moving to SD (“force move”)
Xbooster is a tiny yet powerful app that boosts your device’s performance. This app has a simple UI with a beautiful widget that improves your phone’s performance and battery life.
This is the must-have app if you like to do heavy multitasking or play HD games on your device.
- Intelligently changes min-free values according to the device’s hardware.
- Homescreen widget to kill useless background apps at any time.
- Option to kill system apps to make more free RAM.
- Option for video/gaming graphics enhancement.
Although not very popular, SD Card Cleaner is still one of the best system junk cleaner applications that you can use on Android. The app scans your SD cards to identify large files.
After identifying the files, it allows you to delete them with a single tap. It also supports fast scanning in the background.
- Fast scanning in the background (you can close the app till it finishes scanning)
- Files categorization
- Files preview
Well, Servicely is much like the Greenify application that had been listed above. It’s an app that’s meant to improve the battery life of your Android.
It puts apps that are not in use into sleep mode. You can also manually select which apps will be put to sleep when the display goes off. The app works only on a rooted device.
- The application is entirely free to download & use
- You can put any application into sleep mode.
- Force stop application to improve battery life.
10. Root Booster
Root booster is for root users who need more RAM to run applications without lags or those who want to improve poor battery life.
There are many apps that save battery or increase performance; however, Root Booster uses the most proven settings to achieve the best results.
- Manage CPU: Control CPU frequency, Setting up Appropriate Governor, etc.
- The root booster will test your RAM and sets up your VM heap size for better stability and performance.
- Cleans empty folders, gallery thumbnails, and uninstalled apps trash to speed up your device.
- Each app creates unnecessary files that use your SD card or internal storage space.
So, these are the best apps to speed up your rooted Android device. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you know of any other such apps, let us know in the comment box below.