Instagram gets new update gets Messenger Rooms feature which allows you to do group video call up to 50 people. It will allow the users to create a room and invite friends to join the conversation from the app.
Instagram Gets Messenger Rooms Integration to Enable Group Video Chats
Last month, Facebook announced the Messenger Rooms. At that time, Facebook also said that it would be integrating Messenger Room on Instagram. And finally, now the Messenger Room feature is live on Instagram.
On Instagram, Messenger Rooms integration will allow the users to create a private video call where you can join up to 50 participants. Even if the user is not having a Facebook account can join the group.
On Twitter, Instagram posted a tweet, “Starting today, and you can create @messenger Rooms on Instagram and invite anyone to join.”
Create a new room and invite friends on Instagram, after that it will take you to Messenger. You can add 50 people, even those who are not using Facebook. And you can lock the room when you don’t want more people to get in the call.
An easy way to video chat with up to 50 of your favorite people? Yes please 🙋♀️
— Instagram (@instagram) May 21, 2020
How to use Messenger Rooms via Instagram?
Instagram shared a video which shows the steps of how to use the new feature.
- First, go to Instagram Direct messages
- Click on the Video chat icon
- Now, select Create a Room
- Now, you can send invitations for the room to Instagram friends
- Then Instagram will create a room and will show a link to it
- And it will also give the option to Join Room or send link
- Click on Join Room, then Instagram will ask to open the room in the Messenger app
Messenger Rooms feature coming to Whatsapp also, and it is spotted in the beta version of the app.