Windows 11 comes with a lot of visual improvements and features. Also, Microsoft is constantly striving to make the operating system better.
A few days ago, Microsoft introduced Android app support for Windows 11. Not only that but Windows 11 also includes a new Focus Session feature on the Alarm app. Now it looks like Microsoft has released a brand new Media Player for Windows 11.
The new Media player in Windows 11 looks beautiful and has a more clean user interface. Also, it brings lots of essential features that were missing earlier. So, if you are interested in trying the new Windows 11 Media Player app, you are reading the right guide.
In this article, we will share a step-by-step guide on how to install the new media player app on Windows 11. Let’s check out.
Install the New Media Player on Windows 11
Before following the steps, please note that Microsoft is rolling out the new Media Player to users in the Dev Channel. So, if you have joined the Dev Channel, update the operating system, and you will get the new Windows 11 Media Player app.
LATEST: How to Install the New Media Player in Windows 11 (Stable Version)
The steps were written for those who are not subscribed to the Dev Channel. The process will help you run the new Windows 11 media player on stable and beta builds of Windows 11. Let’s check out.
1. First, open this website and select ‘PackageFamilyName’ on the left drop-down menu. Then, on the right drop-down menu, select ‘Fast‘. Now paste the below content in the text field and click on the Checkmark button.
2. You will now see a long list of files. Right-click on the
Microsoft.ZuneMusic_11.2110.34.0_neutral_~_8wekyb3d8bbwe.msixbundle and select the ‘Save link as’ option to download the file.
3. Now install 7-zip on your PC. Once installed, open 7-Zip and locate the file that you have downloaded. Select the file and click on the ‘Extract‘ button.
4. Open the Extracted folder and locate the x64 MSIX package. Select the package and click on the Extract button on the top.
5. The extracted folder will be moved to the top. Open the folder, right-click on the ‘AppsManifest.xml’ file, and select ‘Edit‘
6. You need to open the file in Notepad. Move to the 11th line and under the MinVersion= change the OS build to 10.0.22000.0. Once done, save the Notepad file.
7. Now move back to the previous page, and delete these four folders:
To delete the folder, select the folders and click on the Delete button on the top.
Installing the New Media Player App
After modifying the package, you are ready to install the new Media Player app on your system. Follow some of the simple steps shared below.
1. Open Windows 11 search and type in Developer Settings. Open Developer Settings from the list.
2. On the Developer Settings, enable the Developer Mode option.
3. Now open Windows 11 search and type in Powershell. Right-click on Windows PowerShell and select Run as Administrator.
4. On the Powershell, paste the below command and hit Enter button. This will remove the existing Groove Music Package altogether.
Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers
5. Now, move to the folder where you have extracted the MSIXBUNDLE folder and open the x64 folder. Right-click on the AppxManifest.xml file and select the ‘Copy as Path’ option.
6. Now, on the Powershell Window, enter the below command and hit the Enter button.
Add-AppxPackage -Register filepath
Important: Replace the filepath with the path you have copied.
That’s it! You are done. This will install the new Media Player on your PC. Now open the Start menu, and you will find the new Windows 11 Media Player app.
So, this guide is all about how to install the new Media Player app on Windows 11. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.