Using the existing Command Line in Linux distributions, Unix operating systems, and Windows to perform most of their daily activities.
Any operating system command line causes “discussions” over the Internet. Some promote the use of graphical user interfaces, which say using the mouse to manage 100% of their systems, and we also have those, better known as warriors, using the existing command line in Linux distributions, Unix operating systems, and Windows to perform most of their daily activities.
For those who manage networks, systems, and servers, it is essential to know how to use the command line. It may not look like it, but it will be a great ally.
Know The Power Of The Command Line From Codecademy
Here are some of the situations where the command line is useful
Also Read: How To Create Run Commands In Windows
Linux and Unix
- Automating tasks, such as scheduling the execution of backups and other programs that should run automatically at system startup;
- Firewall rules of customization;
- Adjustments in the file sharing system (Samba);
- Internet browsing, as in systems that do not have the graphics mode this action can be performed through the Lynx browser;
- Pen Test of achievement through programs such as Nmap. Some say he has a better performance on * nix systems than the version available for Windows;
- Troubleshooting for various problems, such as connectivity testing, checking running processes, check disk space, among others;
- Plus a multitude of things that can be done.
- Connectivity tests;
- Creation and modification of GPOs AD (Active Directory);
- Customization of firewall rules;
- Pen Test;
- Registry changes;
- In the golden days of MS-DOS and Windows, the changes were more visible than in the late autoexec.bat and config. Sys.
When you hear someone like better work in text mode/command line than in graphical mode, do not say “that guy.” Know that the graphical interface that uses today owes much to the command line because it is from there that your operating system has more stability, speed and security. A poorly executed change in your operating system’s firewall can open doors/services to the world. It does not matter if you use Unix, Linux, or Windows here. Almost 99% of what is done on the command line reflects in graphical mode.
Learn more about the command line
The Code Academy offers a free “Learn the Command Line” course. In the study, which lasts about an hour, you will learn how to use the command line to navigate directories, manipulate data, automate tasks, and other things. The course is in English, but I think I will have no significant difficulties with a little effort.
The course is focused on Unix operating systems, Linux, and macOS. See how to move from the command line from one of these OSes!