InShortViral: Using the existing Command Line in Linux distributions, Unix operating systems and Windows to perform most of their daily activities.
Any operating system command line always caused for “discussions” over the Internet off. There are those who promote the use of graphical user interfaces which say using the mouse to manage 100% of their systems, and we also have those, better known as warriors, using the existing command line in Linux distributions, Unix operating systems and Windows to perform most of their daily activities.
Those who manage networks, systems and servers, it is essential to know how to use the command line. It may not look it, but it will be a great ally.
Know The Power Of The Command Line From Codecademy
Here are some of the situations where the command line is useful
Also Read: How To Create Run Commands In Windows
Linux and Unix
- Automating tasks, such as scheduling the execution of backups, and other programs that should run automatically at system startup;
- Firewall rules of customization;
- Adjustments in the file sharing system (Samba);
- Internet browsing, as in systems that do not have the graphics mode this action can be performed through the Lynx browser;
- Pen Test of achievement through programs such as Nmap. Some say he has a better performance on * nix systems than the version available for Windows;
- Troubleshooting for various problems, such as connectivity testing, checking running processes, check disk space, among others;
- Plus a multitude of things that can be done.
- Connectivity tests;
- Creation and modification of GPOs AD (Active Directory);
- Customization of firewall rules;
- Pen Test;
- Registry changes;
- In the golden days of MS-DOS and Windows, the changes were more visible than were made in the late autoexec.bat and config.sys.
When you hear someone like better to work in text mode / command line than in graphical mode do not “that guy.” Know that the graphical interface that uses today owes much to the command line because it is from there that your operating system has more stability, speed and security. A poorly executed change in the firewall of your operating system can open doors / services to the world. Here it does not matter if you use Unix, Linux or Windows. Almost 99% of what is done on the command line reflects in graphical mode.
Learn more about the command line
The Code Academy is offering a free course called “Learn the Command Line”. In the course that lasts about an hour, you will learn how to use the command line to navigate directories, manipulate data, automate tasks and some other things. The course is in English, but I think with a little effort will have no major difficulties.
The course is focused on Unix operating systems, Linux and MacOS. See how to move from the command line from one of these OSes!