Do you want to play PS3 and PS4 games on PC? Or you don’t have Play Station but want to play Play Station games. Then what can you do? Do not worry as we are here with a solution which will allow you to play PS3 and PS4 games on PC. Check out the full article and start play games on PC.
How to Play PS3 & PS4 Games on PC & Mac?
There are two ways of playing Playstation games on PC, one is using the Remote Play app and the other one is using PS3 and PS4 emulators. If you don’t want to use any of this method then you can use PS Now on the PC app to play all Ps2, PS3, and PS4 games.
So let’s get started and see the methods.
Method 1: Play PS4 Using Remote Play App
Before we see the steps to play PS4 games, first let us check the system requirements.
For PC or Mac, System Requirements are:
- It should run on the operating system, Windows 8.1, Windows 10 or later, OS X Yosemite or later.
- You can select the resolution and frame rate from the option
- A minimum internet connection should be of 15Mb
- DualShock 4 controller
Now, follow the steps and play PS4 games.
- First of all download and install the Remote Play app on Mac or PC
- Once it is downloaded, install the app by following the on-screen instructions
- Make sure you have the latest PS4 software. (If not update it manually by going to Settings > System Software update.)
- Sony has designed this Remote play app to work with wired connections, so you need to Plug in PS4 controller to your PC or Mac via USB cable
- Then click on Start.
- Now, you need to log in with your PS4 account. Make sure you login with your main account of PS4.
- The app will automatically search for PS4
- If it doesn’t search then you can search it manually and click on connect.
- That’s it! You can now play PS4 games on your PC.
Note: While connecting to the controller, make sure your Mac or PC and PS4 both are on the same network.
Method 2: Use PS Now on PC app official by Sony
Download PS Now app on your pc and start playing games of PS3, and PS4.
If you don’t have PS4, but want to play games of it then you don’t need to worry. You can play PS3, PS4 games by PlayStation Network account and you need a controller. With this, you can stream PS Now game collection to your PC.
All the new gamers get 7 days free trial to test the gaming service. After that if you want to enjoy playing Play Station games, you need to pay £8.99. It also has 3 months pack for £22.99 and one year pack for £49.99.
- First, download the PS Now installer app from the official website of Sony Play Station.
- Once it is downloaded, install it on your PC.
- It will automatically open once it is installed.
- A sign up window will appear, if you already have an account, then click on “Sign in now” if not create an account.
- Once you are logged in, you will see a banner of start your free trial of 7 days. And also a list of games will be seen.
- Click on the free trial button and sign up for PS Now.
- Once the free trial is over, it will automatically turn into a subscription plan, so if you want to continue you can pay the fees.
- Or else you can go to Account Settings, click on Media and then click on PS Now subscription. And the last click on “Cancel automatic renewal”.
- Once you have signed up, you can choose any game to play and then click on “Start” to play the game.
- Make sure you don’t forget to connect the DualShock 4 controller.
Apart from these two methods, there is one another method which lets you to play PS3, PS4 games. You can use Emulators of it and play games on PC.
Method 3: Using Emulators
You must PS3 and PS4 emulators for Windows and Mac. Check out the emulators which you can use.
PS3 Emulator for Windows and Mac.
ESX PS3 Emulator
It is the best way to play PS3 video games on PC. So, first check out the requirements:
- Windows 7 or higher
- 32-bit PCs or higher needs 1GB RAM
- 64-bit PC or higher needs 2GB RAM
How to download and play PS3 games using ESX PS3 Emulator?
- First of all download the emulator from the official website or from the given link
- Extract the emulator and run it as administrator
- Configure the settings of the emulator
- Insert PS3 game disk in the drive or use ISO image.
There are some other PS3 emulators available which are:
- RPCS3 PS3 emulator
- PPSSPP PS3 emulator
PS4 Emulators for Windows 10 and macOS
PCSX4 PS4 Emulator
It is one of the best PS4 emulator. It runs on both MacOS and Windows 10. These are the system requirements to use it to play PS4 games.
- 64-bit Windows 7/8.1/10 and macOS 10.13.6
- PC should have .net framework 3.5, VC++2015 and DirectX 11.1
- 6GB RAM and on a PC 4 GB RAM
Download the emulator on your Windows PC, or Mac from the official website.
So, these are the few steps which might help you to play PS3 and PS4 games on your PC. We hope this article was helpful to you.