Have you ever wondered how to recover deleted Whatsapp messages ?
How To Recover Deleted Whatsapp Messages
How Can I Get All My Deleted WhatsApp Messages Back?
# To Recover Recent Chat Messages
You can recover almost everything which is below 7 days old in WhatsApp. In fact, it is amazingly simple. All you have to uninstall WhatsApp and install it again. A backup is automatically created by WhatsApp daily at 4 am. The application stores that data in your phone’s external memory i.e. your SD card. When you reinstall WhatsApp, it will prompt you to restore your messages back. All you have to tap ‘Restore’ button and get all your messages back.
# To Recover Messages Older than 7 Days
It is quite more complex to recover older messages in this application. But it is still possible to get them back. You can do it in two ways – first is manual method and next one is using a third party software.
- Go to the ‘Databases’ folder of your memory card – go through Memory Card > WhatsApp > Databases. In this folder, you will find different chat files named something like “msgstore-date format.db.crypt“. The date format must be YYYY-MM-DD.
- First of all, you have to rename that msgstore file. Give it name “Old” or something which is related to filename.
- Then review all the files located below. These files must be named in different dates. Choose your desired files and get the one deleted by you by mistake and then rename it back with older file name.
- Get back to main screen. Delete and reinstall the application. When installed, it will prompt you to restore files, tap the option and your desired file will be restored and saved as “msgstore.db.crypt”.
- Remember that your recent chat history shall be removed when you restore the older file. You cannot merge the recent chat messages with recovered, earlier chat files. You have to repeat the process again to get your recent messages back and it will again delete old one and place a new file.
So above is the simple tips to recover deleted whatsapp messages, I hope you all would have liked the article. In case of any query or suggestion please drop your valuable comments in comment box below.