When any device gets connected to the wifi network, the wifi password gets saved for a while until that device remains connected. And on Android, the wifi password is saved in the system file, which is not directly accessible without root access.
So in this guide, we will discuss a few methods to help you recover the password of the WiFi network you have been connected to. So, let’s have a look at the easy methods.
Ways to Recover WiFi Passwords Using Your Android Device
Here we have stated two cool android apps that work only with rooted Android. The third method doesn’t need a rooted android device. Let’s get started.
Using WiFi Key Recovery
1. First of all, Root any Android safely.
2. After rooting your device, download and install the Wifi Key Recovery app on your Android.
3. Launch the app, and you will see the popup regarding permission for superuser access. Grant the permissions.
4. You will now see all the wifi networks you had connected with your Android device and their passwords.
5. Just copy the password and log in to that WiFi.
Using Wifi Password Recovery App
1. First, you must download the Wifi Password Recovery App on your rooted android smartphone.
3. Now you can see all your saved wifi passwords listed with SSID Name and Pass. If you want to copy the password, tap on the network and then select “Copy password to clipboard”
That’s it. You are done! This is the easiest way to know saved wifi passwords in your android smartphone.
Using ES File Explorer
1. First, you need a file explorer that gives you read access to the root folder. If your default File manager doesn’t give you read access to the root folder, you can install ES File Explorer.
3. Open the file and use ES File Explorer‘s built-in text/HTML viewer. Now in this file, you will see the network SSID and their passwords next to it.
Now you need to note down the network name and its password. This way, you can view all saved wifi passwords on the android device.
Note: Please do not edit anything in wpa_supplicant.conf as it can alter your device’s working, or it will affect your wifi connectivity.
So, the above is all about recovering WiFi Passwords using Android. These are the easiest methods to view saved wifi passwords on your Android Smartphone. If you need more help on this topic, let us know in the comments below.