Let’s admit it; Passwords have been the most important layer of security for everything in our digital lives. From email to bank accounts, everything is secured with a Password.
However, the thing is that nobody likes passwords because they are inconvenient. Passwords were also a prime target for attacks. Over the years, Microsoft has said that the future is passwordless, and today they have introduced a new security feature that eliminates the need for a password.
If you have a Microsoft account, you can now remove the password. Actually, Microsoft introduced a passwordless account feature back in March this year. But, at that time, the feature was only available for Enterprise users.
Also Read: How to Change Windows 10/11 Password via CMD
Steps to Use Microsoft Account Without a Password
Now Microsoft has decided to extend this feature to all users. So, if you are interested in activating the Passwordless login feature on your Microsoft Account, you are reading the right guide.
Below, we have shared a detailed guide on using a Microsoft account without a password.
1. First of all, head to the Google Play Store or iOS app store and download the Microsoft Authenticator app on your mobile device.
2. Now on your desktop web browser, sign in to your Microsoft Account and click on the ‘Security‘ option.
3. Under the Security basics, click on the ‘Get Started’ button behind the Advanced Security options.
4. Under the Additional Security, find the ‘Passwordless account’ option. Next, click on the ‘Turn on’ option to remove the password.
5. On the pop-up, click on the ‘Next‘ button.
6. Now check the Authenticator App on your smartphone and approve the password removal request.
7. To remove the password from your account, tap on the ‘Approve‘ button on the Microsoft Authenticator app.
That’s it! You are done. This is how you can remove passwords from your Microsoft Account.
So, this guide is all about how to use Microsoft Account without a password. I hope this article helped you! Please share it with your friends also. If you have any doubts related to this, let us know in the comment box below.