Being introduced to us as an instant messaging app, WhatsApp now offers you more features than just messaging. The app now allows you to make voice & video calls, make payments, share live locations, share status, and more. It has now become a sort of social networking app for mobile users.
WhatsApp Status is an interesting addition; it’s a feature that allows you to share photos, videos, texts, and GIF updates with your contacts. The WhatsApp Status automatically disappears after 24 hours of sharing, and your contacts can view it endless times under that time frame.
If you have many numbers in your phone’s contact book, you might see many Statuses in the Status section. Sometimes, you may wish to view some Status without letting the other one know. You may have your personal reasons behind hiding the truth that you’ve viewed their status, but the actual question is, is it possible?
View Someone’s WhatsApp Status Without Letting them Know
Well, it’s possible to view someone’s WhatsApp Status without letting them know, but it’s not how you think. You need to take care of a few things to avoid letting the other one know that you have seen their status. Here’s what you need to do.
1) Turn Off the Read Receipts
Before following the next steps, you must ensure that your WhatsApp read receipts have been turned off. Here’s how to turn off Read Receipts in WhatsApp for Android.
1. First, open the WhatsApp app on your Android. Next, tap on the three dots in the top-right corner.
2. On the menu that appears next, tap on Settings.
3. On Settings, tap on the Accounts option.
4. On the Account, tap on Privacy.
5. Now, on the Privacy screen, disable to toggle beside ‘Read receipts‘
That’s it! This would disable the Read receipts on WhatsApp for Android.
2) Turn on the Airplane Mode & Disable WiFi
After disabling the read receipt, you need to go offline. To go offline on your Android, you can enable the Airplane Mode.
If you use WiFi after enabling Airplane mode, you must also turn off WiFi. Make sure that your phone isn’t connected to the internet.
3) Check the WhatsApp Status
After enabling the Airplane mode on your Android, you need to open the WhatsApp app and check your friends’ status.
You can watch the status multiple times; make sure not to connect to any internet. The only drawback of viewing WhatsApp Status while offline is that you won’t see the new status updates of your friends.
4) Access the WhatsApp Status from the File Manager
After checking the WhatsApp status, you can turn off airplane mode and connect your phone to the internet. All statuses you have viewed before were stored in a hidden folder on your phone’s storage. Here’s how you can access them.
1. First of all, download & install the Files by Google app on your Android device. Next, tap on the hamburger menu > Settings > Show hidden files. You need to enable the toggle for ‘Show hidden files‘.
2. Navigate to Internal Storage > Android > Media.
3. On the Media folder, tap on the com.whatsapp.
4. On the com.whatsapp folder, navigate to WhatsApp > Media > .Statuses. This is where WhatsApp stores all statuses you have viewed.
That’s it! This is how you can view someone’s WhatsApp Status without letting them know.
Also read: Best Free WhatsApp Status Saver Apps
So, this guide is about how to view someone’s WhatsApp Status without letting them know. If you know any other way to view someone’s WhatsApp Status silently, let us know in the comments.