Xiaomi has launched a new product Qicycle in Beijing on 23 June. Qicycle is an electric bicycle which can be folded too.
Xiaomi’s Newest Gadget is a Foldable Electric Bicycle
Although our market is known for smartphones and tablets. Recently the Chinese electronics company Xiaomi which is headquartered in Beijing launched Xiaomi QiCycle and that for a price of just Rs 30,000.
The bike is made of carbon fiber, hence the company managed to leave QiCycle 14.5 kilograms, which is really impressive for a bicycle. “Mi QiCYCLE Electric Folding Bike is your smartest ride on two wheels. It’s our smart bike with a companion app that gives you real-time info on every ride you take” said Xiaomi.
The engine is 250W and launches a special system that detects our intensity pedaling to generate adequate assistance. Lithium batteries – 20×2.900mAh – puts Panasonic, and they carry the same technology that Tesla used in their electric cars. Xiaomi claims that the motor can give 45km of range on a single charge.
Xiaomi Qicycle is connected to a mobile application, which Provides real-time stats: speed, distance, power, dynamic power, calories consumed. A phone call also is paired to the bike via a dedicated app.
Xiaomi has also taken few steps to incorporate a Battery Management System (BMS) that keeps track of the state of the bike’s battery and to ensure that it’s operating within safety limits, as we told earlier Qicycle will take you 45km on a single charge.
- Companion smartphone app displays in-depth info: bike status, GPS navigation, ride stats
- 250W, 36V high-speed motor
- Panasonic 18650 20 x 2900mAh lithium-ion battery cells (same battery used by Tesla) with self-developed Battery Management System (BMS) that lets you go 45km on a single charge
- Provides real-time stats: speed, distance, power, dynamic power, calories consumed
- Shimano Nexus 3-speed hub
- Foldable and compactly lean at 14.5 kg
It is not yet announced that whether Xiaomi will retail the bike outside China. However, Qicycle is definitely a immense attraction. So we could expect this bike to be available in India soon.