Many of you definitely love watching movies on PC. Watching the movies is the best way for leisure and killing unoccupied time. Movies become exceptional when it comes with subtitle as it becomes easier to catch out the accurate words used in movies. Sometimes, your .srt files might be missing from your downloaded movie, and if you are using Windows Media Player then you might be facing the problem of not importing any external subtitle file in it. But now you can solve this is out too. As the guide that we are going to discuss right here will help you to easily add subtitles in your Windows Media Player and you can easily enjoy any movie with subtitle. So have a look on complete guide discussed below to proceed.
We are here with a cool trick on adding subtitles to Windows media player that will be done by using simple tools and it will allow the player to import external subtitle file. Go through the article to know about it.
How to Add Subtitles in Windows Media Player
The method is simple and easy and you will just need to use some setting and a single third party tool that will allow you to add subtitles to your Windows Media Player. So follow the below steps to proceed.
Also Read: How To Create Your Own Subtitle Of Any Video
Steps To Add Subtitles in Windows Media Player:
- Firstly, make sure that the video and subtitle file that you had downloaded must set up to the same name.
- Now you need to open Windows media player and there in library mode, you need to navigate to Play->Lyrics, captions, and subtitles and click on “On if available“.’
- Now you need to download and install the tool DirectVobSub (VSFilter) codec in your Windows OS according to your bits of your OS.
- Now sometimes subtitle will start working till the above step if not then you need to proceed to download a tool Shark007’s Advanced codec in your Windows OS.
- Now right click on its desktop icon and click on Run as Administrator.
- Now you need to visit all the tabs there and start Ticking on disable Media Foundation for all the respective formats in it.
- Now just try to open the video that was not playing with the subtitle file and you will notice that subtitle will be there with that video.
- That’s it ! You are done, and you’ve successfully added subtitles to your Windows Media Player.
So above discussion was all about How to Add Subtitles to Windows Media Player. With this, you can enjoy all your favorite movies with their subtitles and it will be a lot of fun watching a movie. Hope you like this, do share with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.