There have been many different customization features that are changed in Windows 10 as comparing it with the previous version of Windows. Inside customization, Personalization is one of the most acquired approach of the users which they would like to work on so as to change the whole look and the feel of the Windows and in the Windows 10 it has improved a lot. Now in Windows 10, the users have the ability to change the color of the taskbar, start menu and the title bar and these could all be set apart differently. This is an amazing feature as you could now apply the different color schemes to these aspects of Windows easily. Although by default, the Windows 10 do apply the same accent color for the entire taskbar, start menu and title bar, to set up the different accent colors for each of these aspects, some method is needed to be applied which is not there in direct options. Here in this article, we have written that method through which you could easily apply a different Accent color to the Taskbar in Windows 10, just go and read it up.
Learn how to apply the Accent color only in Taskbar in Windows 10 with the help of system settings and with the registry key settings that we’ve discussed below. Follow the below guide to proceed.
How to Apply the Accent Color only in Taskbar in Windows 10
Below is the simple step by step guide below to apply the Accent Color only in Taskbar in Windows 10. Follow the steps to proceed.
Steps to Apply the Accent Color only in Taskbar in Windows 10:
1. First of all, you need to apply the accent color like default layout, right click on the taskbar and then select the option “Settings“.
2. Now in the Windows 10 settings app which would appear on your screen, select the “Personalization” option.
3. From there, you would see the window which could be used to set up various customization aspects of the Windows like lock screen, Accent colors, background etc.
4. Change the Accent color from that Personalization Window, and after that, you will see that the color of all three elements is set up through that. From there, only we would start the process where we could change the color of each of the elements i.e start menu, taskbar, and title bar. Search for the “Regedit” in the start menu and then open it, this could be done alternatively through Windows Run command.
5. After that, you would see that the Windows Registry Editor Windows opens up, just navigate to the folder “HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\Windows\CurrentVersion\Personalize“. Once you have reached to that location look for the DWORD value “ColorPrevalence” and double click on it. There you would notice that the DWORD 32-bit value Edit window will appear as soon, just change the value of ‘1‘ to ‘2‘ for the data and then click on OK.
6. Restart your system after that or re-login to your account to make the changes take effect on your Windows. After that, you will notice that the Accent color you applied to the whole three elements is now just applied to the Taskbar only. You could further change the Accent color of your windows and the changes will remain consistent for the Taskbar i.e it would only show the color.
7. You could disable that feature by disabling the Accent color under “Show color on the taskbar, start menu, and action center”. The present DWORD value would be reset and your feature would also be disabled although you could again enable it through the process!
So this was the method through which the users could easily set up the particular Accent color scheme for the Taskbar only and they could also set up the different Accent colors for the start menu and the title bar side by side. As the method only describes the way out through which this could be done in Windows 10, there isn’t any need to perform any complicated steps as you might have got from the method. Just enjoy to personalize your Windows with different color combinations of the taskbar, start menu and the title bar.