Good file manager provides you all type of advanced features in your Android mobile. Files and media are most prominent for Android users so always choose good file manager for your Android mobile. We’ve compiled list of 30 best file managers for your Android smartphone. Go through the whole post to discover the best free file manager for android.
Android comes with default file manager, but sometimes the android default file manager is not so helpful because default file manager comes with the only fundamental feature. So here in this post, we assembled some of the best android file managers for you. These all file manager app android are available on Google Play for free.
Also Read: Best Camera Apps For Your Android Smartphone
Good file manager provides you all type of advanced features in your Android mobile. Files and media are most prominent for Android users so always choose good file manager for your Android mobile.
Top 30 Best File Managers For Your Android Smartphone 2019
#1 ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is one of the best Android file explorer manager Android app. This is not just a file manager it’s much more. With this manager, you can easily access your Cloud Drives like Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive, and Box. ES File Manager comes with built-in Remote File Manager and Application Manager. With ES, you can extract and compress files in RAR and ZIP format. You can also access ROOT files and folders with ES File Explorer app. ES File Explorer is all in one file manager download for mobile.
Features Of Es File Explorer
- Application Manager: Categorize, uninstall, backup, and create shortcuts to your apps
- Remote File Manager: When this feature is enabled, you can manage files on your phone from your computer
- Built-in ZIP and RAR support: Allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files, unpack RAR files, and create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
- Built-in viewers and players for various file types: Including photos, music, and videos; supports third-party applications such as Quick Office for better productivity
#2 AnTek Explorer
Antek is also a good file manager for Android phones. Antek special feature is Drag and Drop anywhere feature. You can drag one file to another folder from drag and drop feature like Windows PC. Usually, this browser also supports cut, copy, paste, zip and all other common features. You can also browse root directory from this file manager in Android phone. With AnTek, you can view pictures, music, and documents (pdf and doc). So download this Android file manager app and so something new in your Android mobile.
- Seamlessly copy/move files from different panels or from local to server
- 6 different panels to select: Overview, temporary box, etc.
- Manage remote file server: Samba/CIFS/Window shared/FTP/FTPs, WebDAV
- Super cool music player with full equalizer
- Browse private partitions (i.e. /data, /system) as regular files on SDCard
#3 Astro File manager
Astro file manager is also called a cloud file manager. You can easily move one file to another cloud storage from this Android app. If you store your precious data in cloud storage and want to move your data to another cloud storage try Astro file manager Android app. You can easily add cloud storage account like Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and Skydrive.
Also Read: Best Android Apps To Backup/Restore Data
#4 File Explorer FX
I like this File Explorer because this its UI is made with the latest material design. The design of this File manager is very eye catchy. File Explorer includes all basic features that you want from any file manager.
With File Explorer, you can
- Text Editor with Undo/Redo history, Cut/Copy/Paste, Find, and Pinch-to-zoom
- Binary (Hex) Viewer
- Image Viewer
- Media Player, pop-up Audio Player
- Zip, Tar, GZip, Bzip2, and 7zip Archive Extractor / Creator (.zip, .tgz, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .7z)
- RAR Extractor (UnRAR)
- Shell Script Executor
#5 File Manager (Explorer)
File manager explorer UI is like Lollipop OS. When you install this File manager on your Android mobile, you get latest Android design material and friendly functions. File Manager explorer supports all type of files in your Android mobiles with many features like cut, copy, paste, compression and decompression.
- Cut, copy and paste files
- List and grid view for file explorer
- Compression and decompression support
- Supports both local and remote (LAN/SMB) file systems
- Supports FTP, FTPS, SFTP, and WebDAV
- Play streaming media from LAN/FTP/WebDAV/Cloud without downloading
- Supports FTP file sharing, access remote files wirelessly
- Supports file shortcuts on the home screen for easy access
- Built-in text editor, image gallery, and SWF player
Also Read: Best Android Spy Apps 2019
#6 ASUS File Manager
This File Manager is from ASUS and it allows you to copy, move rename delete or even share files from any storage. It comes with a simple and clean interface. And it lets you handle all your precious files by making by putting them under Category section this app was pretty fast too.
Key features of Asus File Manager:
- Light and savvy file explorer: Search, access, save, move, delete, or share files that are stored in your smart device’s internal storage to or from a microSD card, LAN, or Cloud storage accounts and vice-versa.
- Access files in LAN and SMB: Manage files on your LAN (local area network) and SMB (Samba) network.
- More storage options via Cloud storages: Supports cloud storage accounts such as ASUS WebStorage, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
Also Read: Best Download Manager For Android
#7 Amaze File Manager
Amaze file manager is still in the beta stage that means you can expect more features rolling out. This is the best file manager for advanced users because it has the option to explore the ROOT folder of Android where you can perform the various tasks like tweaking in a build.prop file.
- Open Source, light and smooth
- Based on Material Design guidelines
- Basic features like cut, copy, delete, compress, extract etc. easily accessible
- Root explorer for advanced users
- All features freely available without any ads
#8 Root Explorer
Root Explorer is the ultimate file manager for android root users. Access the whole of Android’s file system (including the elusive data folder!). Features include multiple tabs, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox and network (SMB) support, SQLite database viewer, Text Editor, create and extract zip or tar/gzip files, extract RAR archives, multi-select, execute scripts, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks, send files etc.
#9 Solid Explorer
Solid Explorer is the best-looking file and cloud manager with two independent panels, which brings to you a new file browsing experience. Apart from the ability to manage files in almost every location, it also gives you many customization options, such as themes, icon sets, and color schemes. You can freely adjust the interface to match your taste and its one of the best file manager app download free.
- Two independent panels serving as file browsers
- Rich customization options: icons sets, color schemes, themes
- Drag and Drop inside and between panels
- FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, SMB/CIFS clients
#10 HTC File Manager
HTC File Manager makes it easy to find, browse and organize files on your phone, SD card or USB storage. Heart items to add them to your favorites, search for files by name and select multiple files or folders to cut, copy, delete, rename or move.
- Heart folders or files to add them to your favorites
- Search your files and folders
- Cut, copy, paste, delete, rename and move files or folders
- Create new folders
- Filter by file type
#11 File Expert – file manager
File Expert file manager/file explorer can fully access and manage files on various locations in sd card, external sd card, cloud services, SMB, FTP, WebDAV, HTTP, NAS, USB OTG, and system internal flash if working on a rooted phone. So, its one of the best file manager app android which you can use.
- Support sync files between cloud and local, always get your device and cloud synced.
- Full featured local & network file manager for Android, one of the best of its kind and most popular app
- LAN access for ftp, sftp, SMB, WebDAV, and clouds include Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, SugarSync, GCloud and much more
- Support field modification of table and auto-alter index and view
#12 Total Commander – file manager
Well, this is another file manager app you can have on your smartphone. This consumes very low memory which makes the user interface really fast.
- Copy, Move whole sub dirs
- Drag & Drop (long press on file icon, move icon)
- Inplace rename, create directories
- Delete (no recycle bin)
- Zip and unzip, unrar
#13 Ghost Commander File Manager
Ghost Commander is an open sourced dual-panel file manager (as well as an FTP, SFTP, SMB, WebDAV, Drive, BOX, Dropbox client!) which will let you to manage your files locally or remotely as well as tweak your system in the root mode.
- Easy sorting by name, extension, size or date
- Customizable multi-select (by tapping, or select by wildcards)
- Root/superuser (su) mode: remount partitions and make changes in system files
- Change file owner and permissions (in root mode only)
#14 Super Manager
This is a powerful system utility for Android. You can install the software to replace the well-known software, such as the EXPLORER ROOT, Titanium Backup, Task Manager, and APP Lock, the Schedule, etc.
- File Explorer: a transitional File Explorer with file operation.
- Task Manager: View the process memory usage and memory clean up
- Auto Memory Clean Up: Free the unnecessary process to enhance the performance.
- Startup Manager: Manage the APK running on system boot-up
#15 OI File Manager
OI File Manager allows you to browse your SD card, create directories, rename, copy, move, and delete files. It also acts as an extension to other applications to display “Open” and “Save” dialogs.
- Show list of files with thumbnails for images.
- Move, copy, rename, and delete files.
- Create and delete directories (folders).
- Send files by email.
- Acts as an extension to other applications, like Gmail, to attach files.
- Support for many file endings and mime types.
#16 File Manager
File Manager + is easy and powerful file explorer for Android devices. It’s free, fast and full-featured. Because of its simple UI, it’s extremely easy to use. With File Manager +, you can easily manage your files and folders on your device, NAS(Network-attached storage) and cloud storages like Dropbox and Google Drive.
- Main Storage: You can manage all files and folders in your local device storage.
- SD Card: You can manage all files and folders on your SD Card.
- USB Storage: You can manage all files and folders in your USB OTG.
#17 MK Explorer (File manager)
MK Explorer is another best file manager app in the list that features a material design. You can copy/paste data and can move files easily just like you do in every other file manager. This app also features a powerful search feature to search the files you are looking for.
- Material Design
- delete, copy, paste, and move
- Two windows (panels) to view files
- Shortcuts on the desktop directly from the main application
#18 Tetra Filer
Tetra Filer is a simple and stylish file manager that’s focused on internal storage file operations. The main concept behind this app is to make the best lightweight, easy and safety file manager for Android
- Cut, copy, paste and delete
- Thumbnail view (Image, Movie, and APK)
- Multiple select options
- Sort by date, last modified etc.
#19 X-plore File Manager
X-plore file manager is basically a dual-panel explorer, you will find two folders shown at the same time, and common operations like copying files and much more.
- Dual-pane tree view
- Root, FTP, SMB1 / SMB2, SQLite, Zip, Rar, 7zip, DLNA/UPnP explorer
- Disk Map – see which files consume most space on your disk
#20 Moto File Manager
Moto File Manager helps you handle all your files whether they are stored in your device’s main storage or microSD card. With moto file manager you can manage your files efficiently and easily.
- File category – Browse files easily by category right from Moto File Manager’s home screen
- File operations – allows you to copy, move, rename, delete, compress and decompress ZIP files
- Storage info – Easily see the location of each category file and the SD card usage.
#21 Simple File Manager
Simple File manager can be used for browsing root files and SD card content. You can easily rename, copy, move, delete and share anything you wish. The best thing is that the app doesn’t contain ads or unnecessary permissions.
- Browse root files and SD card content
- Rename, Copy, Move, Delete and Share Anything
- Ad-free and doesn’t ask for unnecessary permissions.
#22 TM File Manager
With TM File manager, you can manage your files efficiently. This app helps you handle all your files whether they are stored in your device’s memory, microSD card, local are network and cloud storage accounts.
- Light and savvy file explorer
- Access files in LAN and SMB
- More storage options via cloud storages
- Easily browse files by category right from the home screen.
MyFiles is a file manager which is very easy to use. The best thing is that you can even use this application in the background since it supports the background support.
#24 File Commander
File Commander is a feature-rich, powerful file manager that allows you to handle any file on your Android device or cloud storage via a clean and intuitive interface. You can separately handle libraries of pictures, music, videos, documents, as well as rename, delete, move, zip, convert and send files with just a few taps.
- Fully-customizable Home screen with quick access tiles
- Find on-device files quickly with local search options
- Manage your files with cut, copy, paste, rename, and compress operations
- Quickly pick up where you left off using the Recent files feature
- Send time-consuming file operations to the background so you can continue working
#25 Files Go by Google
Files Go is a new storage manager that helps you free up space on your phone, find files faster, and share them easily offline with others. You can also use this app to delete old photos and memes from chat apps, remove duplicate files, erase unused apps, clear your cache and more.
- Use Files Go to see how much free space is left on your phone and SD card.
- Get helpful suggestions of files to erase before you run out space.
- Files Go’s offline file sharing is secured with WPA2 encryption, providing more secure file transfer.
- Files Go takes less than 6MB of storage on your phone.
#26 GiGa File Manager Premium
GiGa File Manager Premium Apk is one of the best file manager app for an Android operating system. It’s smart, lightweight, fast and easy to use. It also is a file transfer app which can help you share files between devices in easiest way. This could be the best alternative choice for default file manager app on your phone.
- Supports Compress and extracts archive files
- The app has many quick access shortcuts that help you categorize files into categories
- Giga File Manager allows you access and manages files from different types of external storages
- GiGa file explorer has an integrated powerful storage analyzer engine.
#27 CM File Manager
CM File Manager is one of them. The file manager allows users to perform some advanced stuff like compress, decompress files, copy & paste, move files, search and more. The app also has some wide variety of cloud support including box, Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive, etc.
- A powerful file manager app
- You can share or transfer files wirelessly using FTP
- The app can integrate several cloud services like Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, etc.
#28 Root Browser
Root Browser Apk is one of the best and full-featured file manager & root browser for rooted Android smartphone. Root Browser for Android can also integrate with several popular cloud storage services. You can access your stored files and transfer files directly to cloud storage services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and much more.
- Access Root Directories
- Lots of Built-in tools like Apk Analyzer, Tools to execute scripts, SQLite Database Editor.
- You can fully customize the file explorer with custom colors, themes, icons, and file/view layout.
AndroZip is another best Android file manager app which allows users to manage files effectively. With AndroZip, you can copy, paste, move, delete files. Not just that, but AndroZip also comes with a built-in compressor which is capable enough to unzip/unpack and compress encrypted ZIP files. Apart from all of these, the AndroZip also packs few advanced features that never disappoints to please its users.
- With AndroZip, you can multiple/batch delete, move, copy, files.
- AndroZip also allows users to create compressed files
- The app comes with a built-in task killer which effectively scans and kills resource hogging apps
Well, if you are looking for an advanced file manager app for your Android smartphone, then ZArchiver might be the best choice for you. Guess what? ZArchiver packs lots of interesting features and it also features one of the best archive management tool. The app is capable enough to compress/decompress zip, rar, rar5, etc formats.
- One of the best and most advanced file manager app available on the Google Play Store
- If you have a rooted Android device, ZArchiver can help you to access hidden files
- Create and decompress multi-part archives
File explorers are one of the greatest and most important Android function on your Android mobile. Try all of these android file manager android apps on your Android mobile and choose the best one for you.