We’ve compiled list of 15 best file managers for your Android smartphone. Go through the whole post to discover the best file Manager for your Android smartphone.
Android comes with default file manager, but sometimes the default file manager is not so helpful because default file manager comes with the only fundamental feature. So here in this post, we assembled some of the best android file managers for you. These all download managers are available on Google Play for free.
Good file manager provides you all type of advanced features in your Android mobile. Files and media are most prominent for Android users so always choose good file manager for your Android mobile.
- 1 Top 15 Best File Managers For Your Android Smartphone
- 1.1 #1 ES File Explorer
- 1.2 #2 AnTek Explorer
- 1.3 #3 Astro File manager
- 1.4 #4 File Explorer FX
- 1.5 #5 File Manager (Explorer)
- 1.6 #6 ASUS File Manager
- 1.7 #7 Amaze File Manager
- 1.8 #8 Root Explorer
- 1.9 #9 Solid Explorer
- 1.10 #10 HTC File Manager
- 1.11 #11 File Expert – file manager
- 1.12 #12 Total Commander – file manager
- 1.13 #13 Ghost Commander File Manager
- 1.14 #14 Super Manager
- 1.15 #15 OI File Manager
- 1.16 COMMENTS
Top 15 Best File Managers For Your Android Smartphone
#1 ES File Explorer
ES File Explorer is one of the best Android file explorer manager Android app. This is not just a file manager it’s much more. With this manager, you can easily access your Cloud Drives like Dropbox, Google Drive, Skydrive, and Box. ES File Manager come with built-in Remote File Manager and Application Manager. With ES, you can extract and compress files in RAR and ZIP format. You can also access ROOT files and folders with ES File Explorer app. ES File Explorer is all in one file explorer that comes with many built-in tools.
Features Of Es File Explorer
- Application Manager: Categorize, uninstall, backup, and create shortcuts to your apps
- Remote File Manager: When this feature is enabled, you can manage files on your phone from your computer
- Built-in ZIP and RAR support: Allows you to compress and decompress ZIP files, unpack RAR files, and create encrypted (AES 256 bit) ZIP files
- Built-in viewers and players for various file types: Including photos, music, and videos; supports third-party applications such as Quick Office for better productivity
#2 AnTek Explorer
Antek is also a good file manager for Android phones. Antek special feature is Drag and Drop anywhere feature. You can drag one file to another folder from drag and drop feature like Windows PC. Usually, this browser also supports cut, copy, paste, zip and all other common features. You can also browse root directory from this file manager in Android phone. With AnTek, you can view pictures, music, and documents (pdf and doc). So download this Android file manager app and so something new in your Android mobile.
- Seamlessly copy/move files from different panels or from local to server
- 6 different panels to select: Overview, temporary box, etc.
- Manage remote file server: Samba/CIFS/Window shared/FTP/FTPs, WebDAV
- Super cool music player with full equalizer
- Browse private partitions (i.e. /data, /system) as regular files on SDCard
#3 Astro File manager
Astro file manager is also called a cloud file manager. You can easily move one file to another cloud storage from this Android app. If you store your precious data in cloud storage and want to move your data to another cloud storage try Astro file manager Android app. You can easily add cloud storage account like Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, and Skydrive.
#4 File Explorer FX
I like this File Explorer because this its UI is made with the latest material design. The design of this File manager is very eye catchy. File Explorer includes all basic features that you want from any file manager.
With File Explorer, you can
- Text Editor with Undo/Redo history, Cut/Copy/Paste, Find, and Pinch-to-zoom
- Binary (Hex) Viewer
- Image Viewer
- Media Player, pop-up Audio Player
- Zip, Tar, GZip, Bzip2, and 7zip Archive Extractor / Creator (.zip, .tgz, .tar.gz, .tar.bz2, .7z)
- RAR Extractor (UnRAR)
- Shell Script Executor
#5 File Manager (Explorer)
File manager explorer UI is like Lollipop OS. When you install this File manager on your Android mobile, you get latest Android design material and friendly functions. File Manager explorer supports all type of files in your Android mobiles with many features like cut, copy, paste, compression and decompression.
- Cut, copy and paste files
- List and grid view for file explorer
- Compression and decompression support
- Supports both local and remote (LAN/SMB) file systems
- Supports FTP, FTPS, SFTP and WebDAV
- Play streaming media from LAN/FTP/WebDAV/Cloud without downloading
- Supports FTP file sharing, access remote files wirelessly
- Supports file shortcuts on the home screen for easy access
- Built-in text editor, image gallery, and SWF player
#6 ASUS File Manager
This File Manager is from ASUS and it allows you to copy, move rename delete or even share files from any storage. It comes with a simple and clean interface. And it lets you handle all your precious files by making by putting them under Category section this app was pretty fast too.
Key features of Asus File Manager:
- Light and savvy file explorer: Search, access, save, move, delete, or share files that are stored in your smart device’s internal storage to or from a microSD card, LAN, or Cloud storage accounts and vice-versa.
- Access files in LAN and SMB: Manage files on your LAN (local area network) and SMB (Samba) network.
- More storage options via Cloud storages: Supports cloud storage accounts such as ASUS WebStorage, Dropbox, Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive
#7 Amaze File Manager
Amaze file manager is still in the beta stage that means you can expect more features rolling out. This is the best file manager for advanced users because it has the option to explore the ROOT folder of Android where you can perform the various tasks like tweaking in a build.prop file.
- Open Source, light and smooth
- Based on Material Design guidelines
- Basic features like cut, copy, delete, compress, extract etc. easily accessible
- Root explorer for advanced users
- All features freely available without any ads
#8 Root Explorer
Root Explorer is the ultimate file manager for root users. Access the whole of Android’s file system (including the elusive data folder!). Features include multiple tabs, Google Drive, Box, Dropbox and network (SMB) support, SQLite database viewer, Text Editor, create and extract zip or tar/gzip files, extract RAR archives, multi-select, execute scripts, search, remount, permissions, bookmarks, send files etc.
#9 Solid Explorer
Solid Explorer is the best-looking file and cloud manager with two independent panels, which brings to you a new file browsing experience. Apart from the ability to manage files in almost every location, it also gives you many customization options, such as themes, icon sets, and color schemes. You can freely adjust the interface to match your taste.
- Two independent panels serving as file browsers
- Rich customization options: icons sets, color schemes, themes
- Drag and Drop inside and between panels
- FTP, SFTP, WebDAV, SMB/CIFS clients
#10 HTC File Manager
HTC File Manager makes it easy to find, browse and organize files on your phone, SD card or USB storage. Heart items to add them to your favorites, search for files by name and select multiple files or folders to cut, copy, delete, rename or move.
- Heart folders or files to add them to your favorites
- Search your files and folders
- Cut, copy, paste, delete, rename and move files or folders
- Create new folders
- Filter by file type
#11 File Expert – file manager
File Expert file manager/file explorer can fully access and manage files on various locations in sd card, external sd card, cloud services, SMB, FTP, WebDAV, HTTP, NAS, USB OTG, and system internal flash if working on a rooted phone.
- Support sync files between cloud and local, always get your device and cloud synced.
- Full featured local & network file manager for Android, one of the best of its kind and most popular app
- LAN access for ftp, sftp, SMB, WebDAV, and clouds include Google Drive, OneDrive, Dropbox, Box, Yandex, SugarSync, GCloud and much more
- Support field modification of table and auto-alter index and view
#12 Total Commander – file manager
Well, this is another file manager app you can have on your smartphone. This consumes very low memory which makes the user interface really fast.
- Copy, Move whole sub dirs
- Drag & Drop (long press on file icon, move icon)
- Inplace rename, create directories
- Delete (no recycle bin)
- Zip and unzip, unrar
#13 Ghost Commander File Manager
Ghost Commander is an open sourced dual-panel file manager (as well as an FTP, SFTP, SMB, WebDAV, Drive, BOX, Dropbox client!) which will let you to manage your files locally or remotely as well as tweak your system in the root mode.
- Easy sorting by name, extension, size or date
- Customizable multi-select (by tapping, or select by wildcards)
- Root/superuser (su) mode: remount partitions and make changes in system files
- Change file owner and permissions (in root mode only)
#14 Super Manager
This is a powerful system utility for Android. You can install the software to replace the well-known software, such as the EXPLORER ROOT, Titanium Backup, Task Manager, and APP Lock, the Schedule, etc.
- File Explorer: a transitional File Explorer with file operation.
- Task Manager: View the process memory usage and memory clean up
- Auto Memory Clean Up: Free the unnecessary process to enhance the performance.
- Startup Manager: Manage the APK running on system boot-up
#15 OI File Manager
OI File Manager allows you to browse your SD card, create directories, rename, copy, move, and delete files. It also acts as an extension to other applications to display “Open” and “Save” dialogs.
- Show list of files with thumbnails for images.
- Move, copy, rename, and delete files.
- Create and delete directories (folders).
- Send files by email.
- Acts as an extension to other applications, like Gmail, to attach files.
- Support for many file endings and mime types.
File explorers are one of the greatest and most important Android function in your Android mobile. Try all of these android file manager android apps in your Android mobile and choose the best one for you.