Every smartphone has a unique serial number which the manufacturers assign. The serial number is the identity of the smartphone that helps the manufacturer recognize the device. It also has a few other uses. So, serial number on Android has great importance.
The serial number is usually listed as an ‘S/N’ on the smartphone’s box. The serial number is useful for device service, replacement, or warranty. Some users confuse Serial Number with IMEI, but both are different. The serial number also plays an important role in accepting cellular network and app licenses.
Although changing the serial number is never recommended because it voids the warranty and stops the software updates, many users still search for how to change the serial number on Android. So, if you are also searching for the same, check out the best method to change the Serial number of your Android.
How To Change Serial Number of Your Android
The method is quite simple, and you need a rooted Android device that will allow the Xposed installer to run on a device. After having the Xposed installer, you will have to use the Xposed module app to change the serial number of your Android. For this, follow the guide below.
1. First, you need a rooted Android as the Xposed installer can only be installed on a rooted Android, so Root your Android to proceed.
2. After rooting your Android device, you have to install the Xposed installer on your Android, and that’s a lengthy process; for that, you can proceed with our Guide to Install Xposed Installer On Android.
3. Now, after having the Xposed framework on your Android, the only thing you need is the Xposed module Serial Number Changer, which will allow you to change the serial number of your Android device.
4. Now install the app and launch it on your Android. You need to provide superuser access to the app to proceed, and after that, you need to reboot your Android device for the proper working of the Android. Launch the app and enter the serial number you want to set on your device.
5. Now, you need to reboot your device and then go to Settings > About Phone > Status > Serial Number to determine if your serial number has changed.
So this is all about How To Change Serial Number Of Android. By using this easy method, you can easily fake out the device identity. So, you must try this out on your device. I hope you like this, do share with others too. Leave a comment below if you have any related queries with this.